six.

Normally it didn't take her too long to get up once she stirred in her bed. This time around, she pretended to still be asleep when she felt Clarke's gentle hand stroking her hair lightly. The ecstasy was short-lived because the blonde seems to have figured out that she was awake. "Good morning, beautiful." Clarke murmurs in a low voice. Lexa's lips curved into a smile as she slowly parted her eyes. Clarke's beautiful, smiling face instantly greeted her.

She was convinced that her morning started on the right track.

The fact that their bodies were almost touching did not help either. Just an inch apart, or probably lesser. Lexa inched forward so that she could feel Clarke's body against her own. Clarke could almost see a flicker of mischief when she looked into Lexa's enchanting green eyes.

When Lexa leaned in to kiss her, she quickly lifted a finger and lightly pushed Lexa's lips. Lexa scrutinized the blonde, and unintentionally pulled off a pout in the process. Clarke frowned.

"Don't look at me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like this," Clarke drew an invisible circle directly in front of Lexa's face. Lexa showed her a confused look but brushed it off when Clarke didn't explain further.

"I have been thinking about it, Lexa." Clarke spoke. "I want to be together with you. I want you to be my girlfriend."

"Clarke... I don't want you to feel obligated to be my girlfriend. You said you weren't ready and I understand that. Especially after Fi-"

"No, no. That wasn't what I meant when I said I wasn't ready. It wasn't about Finn. I didn't love Finn, Lexa. I care for him, I do but what we did was a one time thing. And I've never felt anything like I do with you."

"And," Clarke continued, "I was losing too many people. I didn't want to lose you too. But I realised that life is about living the moment. If I don't say what I have to say now, I might regret it."

Lexa searched into Clarke's soft, brown gaze and all she could see was sincerity. Her white teeth were visible as she dawned a wide smile upon Clarke's confession. She let her hand run along Clarke's arm before gently resting it on the blonde's cheeks.

"Will you be my significant other?"

The smile was still intact on Lexa's face as she said, "I thought you will never ask."

•••

Lexa dismissed her guards with a small wave and entered the conference room with Clarke walking beside her. Twenty three minutes ago, she received news that a nuclear bomb had been activated from the City of Light. An emergency meeting was called. On the way to the meeting, Lexa explained to Clarke that there might be a possibility that the nuclear might be more dangerous than the one that causes the apocalypse. It might wipe out the entire human race left on Earth. The motive of the nuclear bomb was still unclear to Clarke because they were interrupted by Lexa's guard.

When she stepped into the conference room, she noted that every member of The Assembly and important individuals were present except for the leader of Plaas Clan and Desert Clan. Both leaders had to settle an urgent issue in their own territory.

"Heda." They all greeted. Once the Commander had taken her seat, all of them joined and waited for her to speak.

"A nuclear bomb has been activated in City of Light," she began. She waited until the gasps and whispers died down before she continued. "You are all advise to remain calm at this critical period. I already have a team retrieving information on the fatality of the bomb."

Questions were bombarded and the Commander answered all of them with patience. She understood how her people felt about major destruction. She assured them that it would be settled soon, but the truth was, she only had a team of five to figure out the state of the bomb and the possibility of dismantling it. If anyone were to be frightened at the moment, it would be her. How is she able to protect her people this time? There was no offer to consider.

She turned to Clarke who had remained quiet the entire time, probably trying to comprehend the subject.

"Clarke!" Someone shouted. Their gazes averted to the girl who had bursts into the room. The guard behind her looked apologetically at the Commander before excusing herself. Clarke could not believe her eyes. It was Raven.

"What are you doing here?" Clarke stood up, making her way to Raven. She was pleasantly surprised by Raven's presence. She didn't think that she would meet her anytime soon since she left Camp Jaha. They embraced each other in a hug until they heard someone clearing their throat.

"Look, Clarke. This place is cool and all, and I swear I can't wait to hear all about it, but first..." Raven turned to the Commander. "I need to speak to you, Commander."

•••

Raven requested a moment to speak to the Commander. Clarke, however, pleaded to join the discussion as she did not want to be alone in the conference room with people she didn't know. Raven rolled her eyes at the pathetic reason her friend came up with but still let Clarke follow them outside.

"Murphy tried to contact us," Raven cut to the chase, "The one who activated the bomb is Jaha. It seems like he was coerced into doing it."

"What do you mean?" Lexa asked, frowning.

"Murphy tried to stop Jaha from activating the bomb but it seems like Jaha could not recognise him. He was talking to something, like an imaginary person."

"He lost his sanity?" Clarke asked.

"Crolice." Lexa remembered. Raven and Clarke looked at her in confusion. "Crolice is an artificial insect that makes you hallucinates when you get bitten."

"Is there a cure?"

"I know that you won't be affected if you have hydrated or feed yourself." Lexa tried to think further. "Basil! African blue basil. It contains camphene that cures the bite."

"I need to contact Murphy. Do you know where I can get a signal and maybe set up my laptop? I brought all the wires."

"I do know a place. But the wires aren't necessary."

•••

Clarke and Raven talked among themselves as Lexa went back into the conference room to end the meeting. Clarke found out that Octavia and Raven had caused quite a ruckus back in the Tree Clan's territory only to find out that the Commander already left for Polis. With Clarke. With Lincoln's help, they found their way to Polis. However, Lincoln was unable to face  the Commander so both him and Octavia decided to stay out of this for the time being, unless they are being called to help.

"Raven. There is something I need to tell you."

"What is it?"

"Lexa didn't b-"

A surge of people came out from the conference room with a lot of commotion, indicating the end of the meeting. Some of them stared at the Sky girls as they walked past.

"What the hell are you looking at?" Raven snapped at a man who was giving them an incredulous stare.

"I'm starting to feel like I'm hot or something." Raven whispered. "Oh, and you smell really good. You showered?!"

Clarke nodded. Raven shook her head in disbelief, "No way in hell. Oh my god, Clarke! I haven't showered for days!"

"I know." Clarke scrunched her nose. "You smell ugh."

"YOU ASSHOLE." Raven growled.

Due to the limited water resources, only a few people are allowed to shower each day. Each week, every bunk will get to draw lots to see which bunk gets to shower on which day. Sometimes some bunks don't shower for two weeks because they didn't get a slot. It was how they conserved water. And Raven hated it.