Fifteen

Clarke paced back and forth in the apartment, glancing at the clock from time to time. Today is Friday, which meant that Aria would be staying over for the night until Sunday afternoon. Aria usually comes after her classes ended and she knows that the younger girl would arrive anytime from now. She heard the front door opens, and mentally debated with herself on whether she should ask Aria for a favour.

Before she could make a decision, however, Aria appeared infront of her and brought her out of her trance. "Hi there. How was your day?" She asked, almost slapping herself for sounding so awkward. Thankfully, Aria was oblivious to her behaviour and answered her question normally. Aria excused herself to change out of her outfit into a more comfortable wear. Clarke lets her and sat herself on the couch, watching a drama series from almost ten decades ago. Aria joins her a few minutes later.

Clarke would fidget around nervously at certain point of the show and Aria seems to have noticed, because she eventually asked the older girl if she is okay. Initially, Clarke lies. But then her fidgeting continued for another half an hour or so and it was worrying the younger girl, so she sighs and compels to her curiousity. She reaches out for a folded piece of paper from her front pocket and handed it over to Aria. The younger brunette eyes it suspiciously but nonetheless opened the letter up.

"Is this?" Aria trailed off when Clarke nodded profusely, confirming her suspicion. It is a letter that Clarke found in one of Lexa's drawers when she cleaned the entire apartment two days ago. It was handwritten in what Clarke thought is Trigedasleng, and it was signed off by Costia. This has been bothering her lately because she doesn't know the contents of the letter. She thought of personally asking Lexa until she decided that it was not a clever move. She could have ask Octavia, but the girl can only speak the language, not read. Her last resort was Aria.

"Clarke..." Aria sighed, handing the letter back to Clarke. Clarke shot her a confused glance, "I know it is wrong to invade Lexa's privacy. But I need to know, please."

Aria shook her head. "I think you will have to ask her about it yourself."

Aria didn't feel that it was right for her to read a letter meant for someone else. She felt the guilt eating her even though she had only read two sentences from the letter before she figured out the intent of it. She would never go against her sister.

On the other hand, Clarke face falls as she refolded the paper. She expected Aria to disagree in translating the letter for her, but when the younger girl really did, she instantly felt her heart wrenching. She should not even have been curious about the contents in the first place. If Lexa wanted to talk to her about it, she would have done so earlier, or at a time where she feels comfortable. Clarke furrowed her brows, disappointed in herself.

The two girls sat aimlessly on the sofa, watching the addictive series in complete silence. They should have probably seen three episodes because when they heard the front door clicks open, Clarke noted that it is 6pm and Lexa would not be home until maybe 8. Hence, she concluded that it is Raven, the only friend of hers she trusted with the passcode to Lexa's apartment. She regretted it though when Raven would come in and out whenever she felt like it, leaving the Commander and the blonde haired sky girl little to no privacy. Clarke knows it wasn't intentional on Raven's part. She barely knew anyone in Polis and she have yet truly settled her problems with her boyfriend.

Her guess was proven right when Raven hops onto the sofa, leaning her body against Aria's built. "What were you guys watching?"

"It's a popular series back in the 21st century. It's about this group of girls receiving messages from 'A'. And oh, one of the main characters has the same name as me," Aria beamed, explaining the show to Raven. Raven nodded briefly before fixing her eyes on the television.