alone . ( not for long , at least . )

Fuck.

Scaramouche is doing the thing again.

He's feeling, and he hates it. He absolutely despises it. All he wants right now is to curl up. To become something so small that not even the universe itself would acknowledge.

Maybe, just maybe, if he closes his eyes for a while, it'll all go away. All of it. He hates how he feels, he hates how he yearns.

He lay on his couch with a blanket wrapped over him. He looks horrible, like an animal had attempted hibernation, whatever that means.

He is, without a doubt, lonely.

He reaches over, grabbing his phone. He absentmindedly scrolls through it. He's doing anything to distract himself. It's pathetic, really.

He needs something.

Someone?

His eyes linger on a name while he's scrolling through his contact list. They linger a bit too long.

It reads, "Kaedehara Kazuha".

No. Absolutely fucking not, Scaramouche reminded himself. He couldn't possibly bring himself to call him, of all people. Actually, he'd be better off calling Ajax, even.

A part of him knows that if he messages him, he will respond. He hates that. He hates that he knows. It irks him to the very bone.

But, Scaramouche is getting desperate. He needs someone. He needs their attention, he needs to hear their voice, he needs to feel their touch... God, he sounds desperate.

Scaramouche reluctantly clicks on the contact. Should he call him? Should he text? Or, should he do both?

He types into the message bar, deleting and then retyping sentences until he finally just decides to wing it.

Sent.

Kaedehara Kazuha

< hi ] 1:04 AM

[ Scaramouche? What are you doing up? > 1:05 AM

Of fucking course he'd reply within seconds. This was Kazuha he was thinking about. He was always there for some reason, no matter what time. He clicks the call button.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Click.

A gentle voice answers the phone. "Scaramouche? Is something wrong?"

He stares at the screen.

"...Hello..?" The voice says.

"Come over. Please." Scaramouche blurts out. He even added a 'please'. Kazuha must've known it was pretty serious, because on the other side of the phone you could hear the clanking of car keys. He hangs up.

"Shit,.."

Now he'd done it. He knew it. He told Kazuha to come over out of impulse, and now— now he's quite literally on his way. He'll be here in a few minutes, probably. He inwardly curses at himself and his stupidity.

Just then, there's a knock at his door.

"Scaramouche? Is everything okay?"

He gets up, opening the door. In front of him stands Kazuha, whom appears to be out of breath. Did... Did he run here? He thinks.