Chapter 7 (Bridget's POV)

I walk to the cafe with Emilia and then we part ways. At work there are 4 of us. We are all girls and we are very close. They are all humans so I can't tell them everything but they know most of my story. They know how my family neglects me but they just think I was a liability during a really bad divorce.

The cafe isn't very big so I find it to be cozy. I'm usually the one taking orders because I'm younger and cannot work the machine to save my life. I am a sad case.

 I order some treats for my brothers. Quinn packs up the pastries and puts them in a paper bag for me . I run towards the forest. I decide to head straight to the conference hall in order to avoid Nick. When I get there I try to kick the doors open because my hands are full but that doesn't work so I put the bag in my mouth and use my left hand to open the door. I am met by mostly the same people as before by this time their looks weren't ones of disgust or sympathy. The looks were of worry and the people began to gesture to the door as if to tell me to leave. They usually look as if they want me to leave anyways so I just walk forward. This alarmed them even more.

My dad comes down the hallway smiling but as he turned to me it slowly fades away. He ran up to me. "What are you doing here?"

"The same reason I'm always here dad, to see you and my brothers."

"Bridget I can't do this right now something really big is happening." He started to push me towards the door. I gave up and started to walk away but then I dropped my paper bag. When I turned to grab it I saw someone walk around the corner. Just as I started to glace up to their face my father pushed me out of the door.

"How many times do I have to tell you no in order for you to just back off!"

"I'm sorry-"

"I'm not worried about your sorry." He looked furious but my father has never gone off on me. "Can't you just understand that I don't want you here. There is no easy way to put it." He stopped for a second. I tried to but I couldn't stop the tears selling up in my eyes. "Just go home."

I turned to leave but then I stopped. I looked back at him. "I used to think this was my home."