Chapter 10 (Daniel's POV)

After that completely draining meeting my father forced me to attend I need something to eat. I hadn't had the chance to grab something to eat during my hectic morning.

First saying goodbye to my friends and people I've lived with for 3 years and then getting on a flight so early in the morning. I'll admit staying up so long for the going away party was a bad idea but even sleeping on the plane did little to remedy this pulsing headache I have. As if my day wasn't going to be long enough my father forced me to attend a meeting with some desperate alpha my father cut ties with ages ago. I barely had time to breathe let alone eat. I didn't need a full meal or anything just something to tide me over until the huge dinner my mother was cooking for my homecoming.

When the meeting ended the alpha recommended a quaint café his daughter worked at. I didn't care much for all of the details but a chocolate croissant sounded fantastic. I hadn't been in the car for 5 minutes before my father called me to discuss "how it went". We talked the entire way to the café. I basically had to recap everything that was said during the meeting. He gave me his comments on my answers and critiqued my diplomacy.When I walked into the café he was telling me when I needed to be assertive and when I needed to be aggressive. I was so engrossed in my phone call I didn't even notice the girl that came from the back room. My father was droning on and on showing no signs of stopping so I decided it would do no harm if I ordered and finished this conversation in the car.

I look up to place my order and everything melts away. "Yeah yeah dad I'll call you back." My fathers voice went mute and my body went completely still. I wasn't able to move any of my limbs. I couldn't even blink. It was as if we were the only people not only in the room but in the world. In that moment I knew that I would take a million bullets for and right as I went closer to tell her that she ran away.