1.2 - The Birth of a Chat

A week prior
—————
The art of persuasion was the most important art to master. Adrien knew this all too well. Growing up with a restrictive father, who seemingly had control of every action in his life, he had to learn to get his way. While his attempts weren't always successful, he had his methods to get what he wanted.

Befriending Chloe was one of the things he got, and being able to hang out with her was another thing. But most of it was his mother's doing, and her friendship with Chloe's parents. His mother was his biggest champion. Since her passing, he had to learn to champion for himself.

"You're really going to create a video to convince your father to send you to school?" Chloe asked, her tone was judgemental.

"He's not going to listen to me. But maybe a video will convince him?" Her butler handed him a plate full of different sweets. They were seated on her balcony, savoring some of the last days of summer together, "Thank you." He replied, "Of course." The butler quickly left after Chloe eyed him, the word leave written all over her.

"Well..." She exaggerated, "Papa used to be a filmmaker back in the day. I could get you his camera and we could record this. But mind you, this needs to be very persuasive. Your father is a very difficult man to convince."

"Oh, I know, I've already planned everything out." Adrien reached for his bag carrying the script and concepts he had already created. He took it out with pride. Chloe looked shocked but smiled after being handed it.

"I should have known my Adrikins would have prepared his idea." She was smiling this bright smile that he saw on her only in recent years. It was unsettling at first, but he grew used to it, even liking that he could make someone that happy with his presence alone.

"So..." He was waiting for her response. But her eyes were focused on the papers in front of her.

"Could use some editing. The script is very, educational. All you do is ramble about how good public education is. But what about the social impact? You've been so restricted your entire life you barely get social interaction." He noted everything she was saying. And she was right, he didn't get any social interaction besides professional ones, her, and his cousin Felix. You could count the kids in his fencing lessons, but they never stuck around him.

"What should I add?" He was curious and leaned in to see the script. Her cheeks flushed slightly, and she handed the script to him.

"Something more, disturbing. A disturbing fact about yourself, something to alarm your father."

"What's disturbing about me?" He didn't see anything within him alarming.

"Your lack of social awareness. What happens when your father dies and you're left to fend for yourself? What happens when I'm gone and you don't have anyone to protect you? You're not even put in a home school kid group, you just receive private tutoring. You have zero interactions with the outside world." She had a point, he didn't understand people. Sometimes, he didn't even understand her.

"Ok, I'll add that to the script. 'Dear Father, I am a kid who is in need of interacting with the world around me.'" She shook her head, "No, you need to explain to him. In a way that's going to get to his head."

"What should I do Chloe? You keep telling me to change things but when I want to add it to the script you keep—" She cut him off again, "There, that frustration. Do that. Just record a video of yourself telling your father how much going to school means to you." He was annoyed that his hard work was about to be thrown away. But Chloe knew what she was doing. She has to, she gets her father to do whatever she wants. She's a master at this.

She eventually got a camera and started positioning Adrien towards the edge of the balcony. The wind perfectly hitting his face and his hair was flowing slightly.