The Dragon Who Loved to Paint

Once upon a time, in a dark cold cave, there lived a great dragon that had beautiful scales of many colors. This dragon's name was Anna, and she loved her scales so much, every color of the rainbow existed on her and it made her feel very lucky that they did. Though as much as they made her happy, she wasn't too thrilled about how dull her cave looked. The cave on its own had light gray walls of rock and limestone with stalactites and stalagmites growing ever so slowly a thousand years at a time.

Anna loved her cave as dull as it was. Her favorite area was a small body of water in one area of the cave which was very close to the cave entrance, and when the sun came up every morning its rays would refract on the water which emanated tiny rainbows that danced on the cave walls. She was never happier in any cave than this, and she never planned to live anywhere else.

-

A little out of the way from Anna's cave, was a beautiful and colorful kingdom. It was the only kingdom with two kings instead of a king and a queen. But this was a kingdom that did not care who was in charge as long as they were nice, and they were grateful to have them. The kings were Dean and Castiel Winchester.

Dean was the one to ensure that everyone made a decent wage and that the kingdoms resources were used wisely while being a knight all at the same time. Castiel on the other hand was more laid back, and would spend time painting away with the children in the kingdom and ensuring that each of them had a proper education. He enjoyed teaching them about math and how to read and write.

While they did things on their own, they also did many things together. They mostly enjoyed walking hand in hand through the kingdom garden where lots of beautiful flowers grew, from big beautiful roses to lovely orchids and juliet roses to hydrangeas, the garden also contained various berries and plants like indigofera and blackberries which they would pick and help make dye and paint for Castiel and the children.

-

Once in a while Castiel liked to take one of the kingdoms horses and venture outside the castle walls and explore the area around the castle. Today was one of those days however today Castiel had managed to convince Dean to accompany him this time for he wished to explore farther than he usually did. After checking with their thane, Gabriel that he would help run the kingdom whilst they were gone and shortly after noon, they set out on their journey completely oblivious of Anna's cave.

Castiel had wanted to capture whatever new sight they saw so he had brought a few of his good rolled up canvases as well as his own personal paints that he did not use with the children. Also while making sure that he had brought extra green for it was also the color of Dean's eyes and he found that he ran out of it more than any other color. In fact, ever since Castiel had fallen in love with Dean, he noticed his paintings had been used with green more than any other color as well.

Dean liked to paint as well sometimes though he would be satisfied with simply watching Castiel paint. They traveled a bit before taking a break for the horses and rested for the night. Little did they know that where they chose to rest was right under the entrance of Anna's cave.

-

The next morning, Anna was awake bright and early as every morning. When she made her way towards the cave entrance, she was taken aback when she saw the two humans snuggling each other while fast asleep against a cave wall. She then noticed that they had horses tied to a nearby tree with them outside the cave and realized they must be travelers. Not wanting to awaken them, she sat quietly and watched the tiny rainbows dance on the cave walls as she did every morning.