Chapter 2

The unconscious man was now laying in the lab on a table, clothed in a hospital gown and cleaned. He was hooked up to an IV and Dr. Banner was inspecting him for anything odd as to how he could survive his body temperature going as high as 110 and how he could have survived an explosion in a tiny room with no injuries.

"Any ideas Dr. Banner?" Tony questions while looking at the unconscious man.

"Well based on the blood tests his genes have definitely been messed around with, what did you say the point of EXTREMIS was?" the doctor now asks.

"I'm guessing the original idea was to heal unhealable injuries like regrowing limbs, also some psychological damage could be repaired. The burning skin and accidental explosions were side-effects." He recalls from reading the EXTREMIS files.

"Right so if people died in the explosions, how do you explain him blowing up and surviving?"

"I don't know, I'm guessing this was a whole different ballpark since he was kept separate from everyone else." Tony theorizes.

"Think we should send someone to get more information, I'm pretty sure S.H.I.E.L.D. would love to know about this?" Bruce says giving Tony a questioning look.

"I'd rather keep it off their radar for now. Jarvis said there's nothing else left in the building after we got him out." The billionaire answers.

After inspecting more of the unconscious man's DNA samples Jarvis chimes in.

"Sir, I have identified our mystery person, he is Sergeant Ramsay Oliver Parker. He retired from the army about a year back since he lost his arm during combat."

"That explains why he wanted to be a part of EXTREMIS. At least he has his arm back."

Suddenly the soldier gasps loudly and opens his eyes in a panic, he sits up abruptly and looks around, while keeping a finger on the pulse point on his neck.

"shitshitshitshit." He jumps up from the table and makes a beeline to the first door he sees.

"Wait! Don't go!" Tony shouts and starts running after him with Bruce on their tail.

"Sergeant Parker, please wait, we just want to help you!" Bruce yells trying to catch up to the soldier

"NOT NOW!" the soldier yells back.

The soldier runs down a hall into an open room with windows. He runs to the window and starts smashing it to no avail.

"Sergeant Parker please calm down, we can help."

"NO! Please stay away! I can't control it!" the now awake soldier yells closing his eyes and straining his muscles.

"Control what?"

And then as if a switch had been flipped, the man started burning from head to toe, his hospital gown gone in seconds. He looked at his hands in shock and tried stopping the other two strangers from getting closer to him by raising them.

"Please, don't get any closer!"

"Okay, put your hands down, you clearly don't want to hurt us." Tony said trying to calm the man.

Reluctantly and slowly the burning man started lowering his hands and breathing steadily while closing his eyes.

"Jarvis turn off our fire alarm, I don't think a shower is gonna help." Tony said to his UI. "There's a balcony in the other room if you'll follow me, Bruce, grab the fire extinguisher off the wall and extinguish the floor."

The burning man followed Tony while Bruce grabbed the fire extinguisher and extinguished the burning footprints on the carpeted floor. After making their way onto the balcony tony decided to introduce himself while maintaining a good distance from the very hot person.