Chapter 1

NAME: EMILY

LAST NAME: N/A

RACE: HISPANIC

AGE OF ABANDONMENT: 2

CURRENT AGE: 15

DOB: 11/23/1999

---

That is basically everything they know about me.

All my parents left was my basic information, making sure not to mention their last name. It was obvious they didn't want me.

I've been in this adoption home for about 14 years now and no one has adopted me. Then again, no one ever came here to adopt anybody.

I can't wait till I am eighteen.

Thats when I can leave.

The person who " takes care" of us here is not really good at it. Her name is Marilyn. She is a 42-year- old women who still thinks she's young and goes to a club or whatever like almost everyday, gets drunk, gambles, and never feeds us. Not that the feeding part really matters.I am the one who goes out and buys groceries and cooks ( she leaves money on the counter every other week or so). She also has a boyfriend who is just plain terrible.When I was smaller, either him or her would come back drunk would always try to hit me. Mason would always defend me, even if it meant he would get hurt. So everytime I see her try to lay a hand one of the youngest kids here I defend them and push her away.

Mason is the oldest here, he is seventeen and is getting ready to leave. There are ten of us here.None of us want him to but he had no other choice. Although he said he would visit us,I still can't help but worry.

~

"What are your plans?" I asked Mason one night.

He was sitting on the bed looking down at his phone. "What do you mean?" He replied not looking up. "What are you going to do once you leave," I said.

He looked at me and frowned.

He never liked talking about leaving, but instead of ignoring my question as always, he stood and sat down next to me. "Well...," he began " I think it is time I'd tell you. I'm going to first thing first is get a job, and stay at my friends place for a while. Once I get enough money I'll get an apartment and head off from there. I still have a month to work out the details though." He looked at me straight in the eyes.

My heart started racing, I had to admit I did have a crush on Mason. He had dark brown hair with dark brown eyes that match, and his smile would make anyone just want to turn and look at him. He was also tall and muscular too, but his looks weren't the only thing that I liked about him. He was really smart and never judged you, he was always nice and friendly to everyone...

And now that he was leaving it devastated me.

" I know you are worried Emily," he whispered finally breaking the silence.

" I -I...," I stuttered. I couldn't get the words out, he was still looking at me.

" Don't worry," he reassured me "I'll be fine."

Suddenly, there was a loud bang. It was coming from downstairs, we both stood once we heard screaming and ran to see the situation.

Alia, the youngest, was on the floor crying and trying to shield herself from getting hit. Marilyn was yelling at her with her arm raised ready to hit her again.

My first instinct was to push her away from her.

"What the fuck do you think your doing!" She yelled

She was obviously drunk again, and threw a couch pillow at me. "Stop hitting Alia she didn't do anything to you!" I yelled back at her. "I can do whatever the hell I want!" She yelled. I stood next to Alia and helped her up "Go upstairs with Gaby," I quickly told her. She noddend and quickly ran up the steps. " I wasn't done with that little shit," Marilyn said. " You go too," I told Mason.

"No I'm n-," I cut him off "I got this," I simply said. He hesitated for a moment then left as well.

Now all I had to do was calm the drunken bitch.

~~~

Hi guyz! Its been a very long time and I am so sorry to keep you waiting on this, but here it is! I am also sorry that it is a bit short! BTW go easy on me this is my first actual book so yea. Give me your opinions and plz VOTE AND COMMENT???

Thanks guyz byee!!*^▁^* ::>_<::