Chapter 2

Red and blue lights flickered around Hana. Sirens, she could hear sirens. Hana looked up into the dark sky. Her head lolled to the side, and she saw a tanned boy with dark blue hair standing behind an ambulance and police cars. Beside him stood a girl with pink hair and a worried expression.

EMTs rushed towards her with a stretcher, and placed her on it. " Stay with us Miss," one said.

"She's lost a lot of blood." another one said. She heard more voices, but slipped out of consciousness, surrendering to the peaceful numbness.

<>><|><<>

Beeping, even and repetitive beeping brought Hana to the present. She was on stark white bedsheets. She was in the hospital. Why? Her side was bandaged and burning. The memory of bottle meeting skin rushed back at her.

She remembered being carried into an ambulance. How long had it been, she wondered. Would she have to go back? How would her parents react? Would they even take her back? She forced herself to sit up, taking in the details of her surroundings.

The boy with blue hair was sleeping in an armchair, his head rested in his palm. She knew him, not personally, but she'd seen him somewhere. This was Daiki Aomine, part of the Generation of Miracles. Had he found her on the road? And the pink haired girl, was that Momoi Satsuki, the manager of the Generation of Miracles?

Hana coughed, and she felt cold. "Uh-uhm." She stuttered, trying to catch Aomine's attention. "E-excuse me." she spoke louder.

Aomine sturred and opened his eyes blearily. "Huh.. Oh.. you're awake? Wait, you're awake?" He bolted upright, startling Momoi from across the room. "Wha-what do we do?"

"Get the doctor, moron!" Momoi barked, rushing to her side. "How much does it hurt? Don't worry, Daiki ran to get the doctor."

Nothing made sense in Hana's mind. What had happened?