Wind Down | D. DiVincenzo.

Miracle DiVincenzo

Miracle DiVincenzo

Stressed. Tired.

The two words that describes Donte right now. He never expected the Warriors to turn out like this when he joined the team during free agency. Team chemistry is at an all time low, which then leads to many road game losses.

It was killing Donte because of how much he has admired the Warriors culture since before he graduated high school. Now it seems as if everything has gone completely to shit. There are good moments here and there, but Donte knows this season is nothing compared to last season Warriors, not that championship team.

He sighs while walking inside him and his wife, Miracle, house. Donte can hear music playing from their bedroom, which means Miracle is likely doing her nightly routine.

Smiling to himself, Donte climbs up the newly built stairs to the bedroom that him and Miracle share together. Slowly opening the door, Donte watches as Miracle nods her head to the current Usher song being played; Glu.

You done made it messy
I guess that means you're qualified

Donte fully opens the door, seeing Miracle turn her attention over to him and a huge smile comes across her face. Donte leaves his luggage at the door, walking over to Miracle and pulling her into a hug. "Hi mama." He mutters and kisses her forehead.

"Hi papa." Miracle mumbles into his shirt, wrapping her arms around his neck. Standing on her tippy toes, Miracle kisses Donte on the lips, smelling the flavor of Blue Jolly Ranchers.

"I'm so fucking exhausted, pretty girl." Donte sighs, pulling away slowly and walking the pair over to the bed. Miracle stares at Donte before rubbing her hands up and down his chest, "I'll take care of you baby. You don't even have to worry. You deserve some care after these last few games."

"Thank you baby, but you don't have to do this. You know I can get my bags mama." Donte reminds Miracle as she gets off the bed and starts grabbing Donte's luggages, taking his clothes out and putting them where they're supposed to be, either in the dirty clothes basket or back in the drawer.

"No baby, I insist. Get comfortable Donte, you're back home now baby." Miracle tells him while getting some pajamas out for Donte and a washcloth, to wash his face. She hands him the clothes and turns away to restart the Usher song over, hearing Donte put on his sleepwear.

Donte moves the blankets back, crawling underneath them. He quietly watches his wife move back and forth in their bedroom until she walks over to him, wiping his face from any dirt with damp washcloth. Allowing Miracle to clean him up, Donte holds her waist for comfort.

"You hungry?" Miracle questions once she's finished and Donte nods his head, slowly getting out of bed to follow Miracle downstairs to their kitchen. "Go sit down on the couch baby, watch some television. I'll cook something."