SHARD 3: HOME NOT ALONE

"Having faith in your journey will lead you to some things least expected"
-Author

As the sun reached the skies of Valoran City, Anne awaken from the ringing noise at her bedside table. With little strength exerted from her drowsy body, she took her phone and was surprised to look at the screen with the letters BROTHER popping in a buzzing rhythm.

Why a face time at this early of the day?

"Hey Anne, ready for the first day?", Ben asked, with his brows slightly down.

She yawned and replied, "I guess...", doing her best to be an inch awake for her brother.

"Where are... Mother and... Father?", Anne asked.

"They left yesterday for work, so I'm home but not alone", Ben said, his eyes moved to the right and body slightly tilted with his right arm open.

"Look Jay!", Ben exclaimed, trying his best to hold firm on his phone. Jay was too excited to see Anne on the screen that he blocked Ben out of the camera.

Anne waved her little dog by the phone. She was delighted to see them both again.

"But Anne, Mom, and Father didn't forget about your first day, check outside and see. Good luck!", Ben said with speed and hung up.

With only an hour away from the first period of class, Anne took a bath, ate breakfast, and prepared herself, with some help from Noelle of course, especially with the school uniform. Lius once said to Anne that there are no restrictions on accessories and styles, just as long as they are decent and presentable.

"Miss, you have presently sent by the Lord and Lady", a maid proclaimed. Within the mirror view, the color of silver was already noticeable, tied with a white satin stripe.

"This must be what Ben meant", Anne thought, accepting the box with both hands and opening it instantly. Inside laid a beautiful violet ribbon hair clip, laced with streaks of gold glitter. Both tails measured about 5 inches and had pigments of blue at each end like a gradient mix of a galaxy.

Before using it, she glanced at the mirror, looking deeply at the two colors standing out above the rest on her head. The ones she suddenly got after her accident years ago.

Before, she was always conscious about it as there was never a day when people can't help but stare, either in amazement or disgust. Now brimming with confidence, she took both pink and turquoise-colored hair, twisted them together to form one swirling piece like loli candy, and sealed it with the ribbon.

"You'll do amazing at school, Miss", Noelle said, placing both arms on her shoulders and her cheery smile turned into a faint one, almost teary in her eyes.

"If only Lady Tarailla was here, she'd be so proud of how much you've grown", Noelle added. She was one of the oldest workers in the mansion, she was Anne's mother's maid and has been with her since she gave birth to and when she took her final breath.

"There is also another present for you, Miss", a maid said. When Anne stepped outside the hotel, a school bike with a yellow basket parked right where the driver stood. On the rod supporting the two handles of the bike carved her name. She ran up to it as excitement rushed through her veins. A bonus surprise also awaited her when she noticed a small black pouch in the basket before placing her bag in it. There was a letter from Ben:

"Enjoy the first day! Proud of you and please look out for creeps. See you when you get back, Lovelots, Ben"

Anne chuckled and removed the rectangular piece from the pouch, in her hands laid a clear keychain with her name in royal blue marks. She quickly attached it to her back and rode off to school, bidding everyone goodbye.