One

"Has anyone seen Leafy?"
"Uh, you already asked us that, you know."

"Well, she's still missing."
"Huh? Really?!"
"Yep. As of today she's been missing for about three days now."

"Jeez, where the heck is she?!"
"Way to make us worry and waste our precious time!"

"Three days, huh. How pathetic."
"Agreed."

Firey sighed to himself as X and Four explained the challenge for the day. He wasn't really paying any attention; he was trying to.
It was hard trying to focus on the next challenge for BFB while that backstabbing leaf was on his mind. Despite attempting to erase her out of his head, Firey could not stop thinking about Leafy.

As much pain she caused him, she was the last thing he wanted his mind to be focused on. But it was no use. Firey couldn't stop thinking about Leafy, even though he didn't care about her anymore.

That alone was a lie, though. Firey pretended not to care about Leafy simply because she was always on his mind. He was unable to stop thinking about her before she'd went missing, so now Firey would always be distracted now that Leafy has disappeared.

When Four and X turned around Firey took off running away from the Battle. Thankfully, he was fast, so that was one less issue he had to worry about. However, there was a much bigger issue stemming from who knew what.

The more Firey raced across YoyleLand, the more anxious he grew. There was no telling where Leafy's whereabouts where.
For all Firey knew, she could've been possessed by Evil Leafy. Unfortunately, there was no real way of knowing, so that made him even more anxious than before.

Still, Firey cared about Leafy and her well-being, whether he wanted to admit it or not. He deeply missed her, so hopefully she was still out there in YoyleLand, presumably somewhere safe.
Firey was highly uncertain, but he wanted to ease his mind a little.
Given the immeasurable pain Firey felt in his heart, grasping onto some sort of comfort was exactly what he needed so he wouldn't snap.

Before Firey knew it, he was near the beaches and shoreline. He grimaced to himself as the waves danced back and forth disgustingly.

Firey loathed water, obviously, so if Leafy was within the area -- getting soaked was not an option here.
Firey started walking at a brisk pace, until he saw a shadow of green by the sea.

His heart leaped at the thought despite his head arguing otherwise. He carefully walked over towards the lower ends of YoyleLand's beaches, being extra careful not to touch the water.

As Firey got closer, he noticed a lemon leaf standing near the glistening waters. It was Leafy, she was here! Firey's heart nearly exploded with joy and relief, yet his mind was mere stone.

He saw that she was staring intensely at something across the waters, and he'd also glanced at it. It was the original Dream Island that Firey had won but Leafy had ripped away from him.
Both of them shared bitter memories of Dream Island for totally different reasons.

"Leafy?" Firey wondered, partially not believing his eyes. Leafy blinked and turned around.
"Oh, Firey! You're here, that's a nice surprise!" she said, beating him to it.
Firey nodded uneasily.

"Hi, Leafy! What are you doing here all alone?"
Leafy's smile faded. "I'm just getting some fresh air, Firey. It's nothing special. I mean, everyone needs some time to themselves once in a while, right?"

"Oh, no! Of course you're right," Firey agreed, not even bothering to look at the sea. "But you shouldn't just disappear without a trace, you know. Everybody's looking for you, Leafy."
"Really, Firey? It's not just you?" she questioned.
He flushed a little from embarrassment.

"Yes, you're right Leafy. I'm the only one who decided to look for you," Firey admitted. "But what are you doing near the shore all by yourself? As in, why'd you pick this location?"

Leafy chuckled a little to herself. "Because I miss what I'm looking at."
"What, Dream Island?"
"Yes. I know I didn't go in and all, but I still miss something that's important to me," Leafy explained while Firey kept silent. "I have something to tell you, Firey."

"What is it, Leafy? I'm listening." he told her softly.
She sighed deeply, then looked Firey in the eye.

"..Why did you do that? Why did you reject me from Dream Island in the first place? And then you got mad at me even though it was your fault."
Firey's eyes widened as Leafy huffed gently.

"I've never hated you, Firey. We've made too many great memories for us to tear apart so easily. After you won Dream Island, I was very happy for you; until you rejected me. I shouldn't have purchased the island, and I regret doing that. I could've ended up hurting you another way, and I should have done that instead."

"Leafy.." Firey began, but she shook her head.
"The moment everyone saw me as a threat, I knew it was over for me. Although everybody may not hate me now, they still hold bitter feelings towards my actions. Nobody will ever forget that stunt I pulled on you."

Leafy frowned a little.
"I was so lonely, Firey. Knowing that everyone hated me because I hurt you really sucked for me. I missed you a lot, but I wasn't able to tell you. The fact that you pretended not to know me just to save yourself also screwed with me. Maybe that's why she exists."

"Who, Evil Leafy?" Firey wondered, and Leafy nodded slowly.
"I couldn't stop thinking about you, Firey. No matter how hard I tried, you never seemed to leave my head. Oddly enough I stopped being mad at you, then the anger turned into heavy pain and sadness. I genuinely missed you and wanted you back.

Everything took a turn for the worse, Firey. Sometimes I cried a little; other days it would be much worse. The pain I felt from potentially losing you numbed everything within me. Even though I had no one, I had knives and my scars. I had an evil counterpart who was useless to me.

She only made my pain worse. I truly had no-one and nothing anymore. Those sharp knives scraping against my arms were a huge comfort to me, and when I was finished I also had fresh blood for company.

During the competition, you were somehow my friendship world -- in a way. You have such a great personality that it was hard not to like you. I valued our friendship then, and I still do. The thought of losing what we both built together sickened me for some reason. I simply didn't want to lose you.

I know we're both at fault, Firey, but you did hurt me first by rejecting me from Dream Island. And yes, I know I hurt you way worse after what I did -- but in the end we hurt each other. We both did stupid things for no reason, and we ended up hurting each other."

"I would like to end that because I truly missed you, and I think I can take it now. All of the pain you put me through -- all of the pain I put myself through. Believe it or not, I think I'll be able to handle everything now."
Firey looked at a pained Leafy. "Handle everything?"
"Yes, of course. Your pain, my pain, my regrets -- the flames of sorrow and misery. I'll need to be able to heal all of my scars and wounds so I can move on with my life."

Somehow Firey's world opened up at Leafy's words.
"Leafy?" he asked, glancing at the horizon.
"What is it, Firey?"

He sighed bitterly.
"I don't want the past to hurt us anymore. Let's just move on with everything. Things are completely different now, so there's that. Oh, and who said you had to handle everything on your own, Leafy?"

"We were friends back then, and we're friends again now. The pain..still resonates with me, but we can handle them together! If the past we shared hurt that much, we can both heal from it too."

Leafy turned around then sensed an incredible feeling of warmth surrounding her. She wasn't burning at all, but she strongly felt like her spirit was on fire. Maybe it was just Firey's presence, but either way it made her feel happy.
"I like the sound of that Firey." she agreed wholeheartedly.

He gently pulled on her hand while the glowing sun started to set.
"Let's return home, Leafy. I missed my best friend, and I want you back."
"Likewise, Firey. Honestly, I think my Dream Island is just the friendship we have."

As Firey and Leafy held each other's hands, the sinking sun glowed deeply over YoyleLand. 

It reminded them of their individual pain, the pain they shared and the pain they were already leaving behind for a brand new tomorrow.