34 | Sealed Away My Heart

"My Kookie," he sighed in frustration, "I told you not to worry about anything but yourself

"My Kookie," he sighed in frustration, "I told you not to worry about anything but yourself." It was so unbelievably good to hear his voice. I felt the hovering cloud of despair lighten and drift back as he spoke.

"Where are you?"

"We're outside of Vancouver. Kook, I'm sorry — we lost him. He seems suspicious of us — he's careful to stay just far enough away that I can't hear what he's thinking. But he's gone now — it looks like he got on a plane. We think he's heading back to Forks to start over." I could hear Jimin filling in Suga behind me, his quick words blurring together into a humming noise.

"I know. Jimin saw that he got away."

"You don't have to worry, though. He won't find anything to lead him to you. You just have to stay there and wait till we find him again."

"I'll be fine. Is Jin with Jaewoo?"

"Yes — the female has been in town. She went to the house, but while Jaewoo was at work. She hasn't gone near him, so don't be afraid. He's safe with Jin and Rosé watching."

"What is she doing?"

"Probably trying to pick up the trail. She's been all through the town during the night. Rosé traced her through the airport, all the roads around town, the school... she's digging, Kook, but there's nothing to find."

"And you're sure Jaewoo's safe?"

"Yes, Jin won't let him out of his sight. And we'll be there soon. If the tracker gets anywhere near Forks, we'll have him."

"I miss you," I whispered.

"I know, Kookie. Believe me, I know. It's like you've taken half my self away with you."

"Come and get it, then," I challenged.

"Soon, as soon as I possibly can. I will make you safe first." His voice was hard.

"I love you," I reminded him.

"Could you believe that, despite everything I've put you through, I love you, too?"

"Yes, I can, actually."