Chapter 1

*SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO*

-Noelle-

A loud knock shot through our home which caused our whole house to jump in fear. My daddy rushed to the door with his gun in his hand and my mother behind him with hers. 3 tall men entered the house and She looked over to us and told us to continue playing everything was ok, so we did. We heard firm whispers and Moments later she walked into the room looking over her shoulders. "Hey baby, can you take your sisters into your bedroom while me and daddy talk to this man here? Lock the door and don't come out til I come get you." My mother said to my brother Nasir walking into the dining room where me and my siblings were playing. I was confused and didn't know what was happening and who this man I have never seen before? He has mommy scared I seen it in her face.

Nasir grabbed our hands tightly and rushed us to the bedroom and locked the door. He grabs 3 back packs out the closet and told us to put them on and he listened into the vent hearing them talk.

"We told you to not bring this to our home where our children lay their heads Rollin" my mother voice spoke to the strange man

"You think I give a fuck about what you told me Loraine! HUH !? You told me a lot of shit and yet here we are..." the man spoke

"Look Ro we have the money, let me just take my kids to my mother house so that I know they would be safe." My father stated

Laughs absorbed the room "you must think I'm boo-boo the fool Jo ! I gave you enough time ! You think imma let you leave here without paying me ? Y'all  failed me... so imma get what you owe me one way or the other..." the man said and we heard a gun cock.

"Really Ro.. my kids i-." {Shots fired and 2 bodies dropped}

Nas listened and heard the floor crackling at the stairs. He jumped up grabbing me and Nay opening the window telling us to quietly slide off the roof into the pool. Naomi whined slightly scared because she could not swim being only 5 years old.

"Naomi we have to go or that strange man would hurt us." Nas whispered to her hugging her slightly. "Did he hurt mommy and daddy" she asked back. "I don't know Nay but we have to go" he said before we heard the floor crackling closer to his room door. Nasir then grabbed Naomi lifting her out the window making her slide down, he then handed me some scissors and told me to help Nay. I slid down after she hit the pool and dived in grabbing her helping her out, we stood under the window waiting for Nasir to come behind us.

After Nas got out the pool we noticed the man bussed into Nasir bedroom looking out the window at us meeting eye contact with Nas. Nas then flicked him off and grabbed our hands running with us.

"Where are we going Nas !" "NASIR! Where are we gonna go ! We need to call the cops" I screamed at him out of breath barely breathing, before I knew it I collapsed.

"Nelle... Nelle... NELLE... NOELLE!" Discreet voices began to call out.

*PRESENT DAY*                           *PRESENT DAY*

-NOELLE-

"Nelle... Nelle... NELLE... NOELLE! WAKE YO ASS UP CHILEEE." Danielle my God mother called out as I slept in her bed. I have been staying with her for a few days while my apartment is being remodeled. "Yes mama im up im up." I said rolling over sitting up in her California King. Danielle is my God mother/Aunt, She's Our mothers' baby sister who was married to our Fathers' big brother Johnathon. They were our care takers when our parents were murdered, They raised us on the west side of atlanta and made sure we knew and still remembered who are parents were.

"Chile, whats going on with you, you been doing nothing but sleeping.. you aint pregnant are you?" She said lifting that one eyebrow like she do looking at me questionably.

"No ma'am, you have to be having sex in order to be pregnant crazy lady." We laughed together looking up seeing Nas in the door way.

"Who pregnant? and i know neither one of you bet not be having sex" He said looking between me and Danielle. I rolled my eyes looking back to mama. "Boy shut up! Me and yo uncle been freakin since before you were even thought about, ANDDDD WE and yes i said WE... We are grown, don't come in here starting no shit Nasir, I already owe you an ass whoopin for eating up at all my grapes last week." She stated smacking the back of his head leaving out the room. We both laughed at her and i began to get up making up the bed.

"Sooooo... pregnant huh?"

"Shut up ugly nobody been popping no coochie, and if i have yo funky ass would not know." i said slapping the back of his head as well making my way to the bathroom.

"ight now yall gone get enough with smacking my head bruh." He said as i closed the bathroom door in his face. I ran some warm water looking into the mirror.

"It's time to become who you said you would be Noelle." I said to myself applying water to my towel washing my face and before I knew it I was interrupted by my best friend Vena FaceTime.

"Yes bitch" I said smirking in the camera

"Bitchhhh the niggas is OUTSIDEEEE! Okay... when I say OUTSIDEEEEE I MEAN OUTSIDEEEEEEEE!" She screamed through the phone, and from the looks of it seems like she was at a day party.

"Ok bitch yo point?" I said rolling my eyes walking back into my room going through my duffel to find something to throw on.

"Ughhhh you're such a Debby downer hoe... you ain't neva gone find a man with that type of attitude.." she said making a stank face through the camera

"Chilee you ain't got no man either so it really don't make a difference"

"Ooouu.. no you didn't just go there... for your information miss ma'am I do have a man..."

"Who? Dae dae the same bum ass nigga who just been fucking you and going m.I.a? Uhh yeah you enjoy that."

"Wow bitch... just wow... low fucking blow." She said then hanging up before I can respond. I swear sometimes me and her just don't see eye to eye when it comes to these niggas. For one, my brother know everybody so niggas be scared to pop they shit even if they wanted to fuck with me... smh... For two, niggas be whores and expect every bitch to just be a goofy for them and from experience best believe I would not be putting up with no bs I don't care I don't care.

I made my way downstairs where my brother and Danielle was sitting. "You ready?" I asked Nas since we do lunch every Friday with our sister Naomi.

"Tell her I said I still love her, and hope she stop
To come see me one of these days." Danielle said to the both of us, we nodded and headed out. "Don't worry aunty we gone make sure we get y'all back right." Nas said kissing her forehead and we began to make our way to Big johns Italian restaurant.