five.

"Had any luck?" Dad spoke to me as I descended the stairs, heading into the kitchen for a cup of coffee. I'd stayed the night with my parents due to Drew being out of town, still hunting for confirmation on this whole thing.

"Not me. I think Rose gave up two towns ago and Drew's dead set," I sighed. Mom handed me coffee with one hand, a bouquet of flowers in the other.

"Look what the Perron family sent!" Mom smiled.

"That was sweet of them," Dad spoke as the phone ring. Dad tried to stand, but I pushed him back in his seat.

"I got it," I spoke, bringing the phone to my ear, "Warren residence."

"How welcoming," Drew snorted at my formalness, "We got a bite."

"Shit, really?" I asked. Both my parents turned to me, hopeful.

"Yeah. Just got off the phone with a homicide detective in Denvers. He wants to talk to your parents. He says he's seen it," Drew spoke.

"Homicide detective? Where the hell did you go?" I inquired.

"I dug too far. But, also definitely far enough. I'm on my way home," Drew spoke.

"Yeah, yeah. Thank you. I'll see you later."

"You too, hon. I love you," Drew's smile was evident in his voice.

"Love you too loser. Drive safe," I smiled before hanging up. I turned to my parents, clapping my hands together.

"Homicide detective in Danvers. We've got one."

~°•~°•

I sat back in my chair, listening to the man behind the desk speak. It was just mom, dad and I that showed. Drew was working a side job and Rose was so nervous she didn't turn up. I don't blame her.

"Katie Lincoln and Jessica Strong went missing about four months ago. They were best friends in high school," the detective spoke. Mom inspected a picture of the two teenage girls, "Katie's body was found here. Stabbed 22 times."

"I heard about that. Some suspect Jessica did it," I butted.

"You'd be exactly right. Well, that's what I think anyways. It's the only thing that makes sense," the man shrugged, "But, back in May when the girls went missing, we searched Jessica's home. We found this."

He slid forward a picture. A similar figure to that under the Glatzel house. I took a deep breath, wiping the sweat from my palms on my jeans.

"You're the experts. What can you tell me about this?" He asked.

"Not much," I spoke up, "If it's similar to one Brookfield.... Four months may be a little too late."

"We think Jessica may have been possessed, if any connections were to be had," Dad finished.

"Look," the detective sighed, "I've read all about what you think happened in Brookfield. But, I'm only interested in leads that are grounded in reality."

I unintentionally let out a snort, and the man turned to me, raising his brows and prompting a response, "Sir, I- I don't know what to tell you. I don't know what you want to hear. But what I saw. What I can't close my eyes without seeing. That was really really real. And so is this case. And it is way too similar to be just a coincidence."

"It's actually perfect," mom spoke up. "We were hoping there was something in this case file that could help prove Arne's story. To put everyone's minds at ease."

"I brought you out here to help me," the man corrected, "We've been looking for a link to a satanic cult since we found that thing. And you three are perfect people to help us with that."

"You don't believe us?" I scoffed.

"Help us help you," Mom spoke, "We need to see your case file, and you need to find your missing girl."

"And how would you do that? We've searched these woods far and wide for months. No turn up," The detective shook his head.

"We— my mom and I— can see things the normal human eye cannot. Not my husband, not my sister, not my father. Not you," I spoke up. The detective sighed, and excused himself.

He came back with three bags containing knives, and asked me to leave. Moments later, I was asked to come in, and mom was asked to leave.

"One of these knives was used on Katie Lincoln. Two are pulled from the evidence locker. Could you close your eyes and tell me which one was used on Katie?" The detective instructed. I gave him my best smile.

"I'd be delighted to, sir," I nodded, then closed my eyes. I placed my hand on the knife to my left. I couldn't sense a thing. The one in the middle sent an electric shock up my arm, but I saw nothing. The one on the right didn't give me anything. So I returned to the middle.

The detective's face fell and he stared at me. "You were right. Both of you were right."

"Do you believe us now?" I spoke.