Hello Walls

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter includes suicidal thoughts and mentions of violent extremism, so please read with caution.

     Am I really just leading him on right now? I need time to figure this out, I'm sorry Matthew...

     Hado swiftly returned to where they had been seated, placing their drinks down and taking her seat. Matthew looked up at her, his face weary with concern and apprehension. Whatever he's been reading must be pretty bad. Poor dear... "Ah, thanks Hado... I really appreciate it, y'know." He gave her a tired smile, but a genuine one nonetheless. "I'm not the biggest coffee guy on Earth, but one is nice every once in a while. Especially on someone else's dime." His comment earned him a playful punch to the shoulder, which he laughed off.

     "Don't get used to it, next time we make a bet like that I'll be winning free coffee."

     "Whatever you say, Hado." After another punch to Matthew's shoulder, Hado checked her phone to see a text from Togata; Hey Hado! Tamaki and I just finished up our last game, so we'll be at the coffee shop you two are at in a little bit! (Matt let us know where you two were). Togata sent that text a few minutes before Hado had read it, meaning they'd be there any second now. Hado felt a twinge of disappointment at the coming end of her sorta-date-but-not, followed by a gut-punch of guilt.

     You need to make up your damn mind Nejire! First you tell yourself to slow down and not rush things, and 2 minutes later you wish you had more alone time with him! Hado's confusion, and subsequent frustration at her emotions was apparent, Matthew noticing and tapping her shoulder in concern. "Hey Hado, everything okay? You look tense, is your drink alright?"

     "Hm? Oh- Uh, yeah my drink is fine. Really good actually, I just... had something on my mind is all."

     "No worries. If you want to or need to talk about something that's bothering you, feel free. It's not like we've known each other for super long but I still consider you a friend." Had Hado not steeled her resolve concerning their situationship a moment earlier, she might've fully fallen for him right then and there. Kind words spoken with a soft and genuine smile, it was right out of one of those romance books she'd seen her cousins read.

     "Thanks, Matthew. It means a lot..." The two made eye contact for a moment, exchanging soft smiles as they relished in the calm atmosphere of the café... right as it was shattered by the front door slamming open. Togata's booming voice carried across the café as he spotted the pair, quickly making his way over to them.

     "Hado, Matt! There you guys are! Sorry we took so long, Tamaki got awfully competitive about Street Fighter and wanted a full set." Amajiki's expression soured, probably having lost similarly to Hado.

     "H-hey! You could've at least tried to match my effort instead of button mashing on Guile the entire time." Matthew and Hado began to laugh, it was a rare sight to see Amajiki so animated. Matthew spun in his seat to face the two, Hado opting to observe the trio.

     "I didn't know you liked fighting games, Amajiki. I used to play them all the time, we should run some." Amajiki's face lit up, likely in the hope that he had found someone else to indulge his hobby with.

     "You like fighting games Matthew? I had no idea, you've never really talked about your hobbies..."

     "You think so? Huh.."

     "Not that it's a bad thing, just..." Togata threw an arm around Matthew and Amajiki's shoulders each, almost yanking Matthew out of his seat.

     "Tamaki's right! Talk about yourself more dude! Be like me, I talk about myself all the time!"