Homecoming

He looked at the room the normally impeccable office now destroyed within every inch. Papers scattered around, photographs shattered and all contents of his table on the floor.

His study was only a mere reflection of the storm his heart had gone through. Even after destroying every article in that room irreparably his rage hadn't calmed, it only seemed to increase every given second.

As he came down he saw Meerab sleeping at the dining table a sight that would have usually warmed his heart. Now it only fired his anger.

He had turned around to leave only for a sleepy voice to call out to him. It seemed like she had woken up from her slumber.

"Aa gaye tum, come on have dinner." She came toward him, held his hand and tried to drag him towards the dining table.

Only for him to rudely jerk his hand out of her grasp. She gasped not used to such rudeness from anyone much less him.

"I am not hungry, I've already had dinner." He lied

He moved aside ready to leave only for her to grasp his elbow. Anyone else would have backed down after seeing him so angry but not Meerab. Determined, Headstrong and as Stubborn as him.

"Why are you lying? You never have dinner outside, you didn't even have breakfast how can you not be hungry." She questioned not understanding the reason for his foul mood.

Breakfast he thought he had had no appetite after what he had witnessed the previous night Meerab and Aahan having tea in the courtyard, something they used to do before she left for Karachi. He had wanted to move away from there only for Aahan to notice him before he could retreat his steps and he had sung praises of Meerabs tea as if he hadn't had it a thousand time with her. As if she hadn't learnt to make it just for him. He hadn't even responded to Aahan offering him a cup before he had stormed out pissed. He had waited in his office for three hours after that waiting for her to come pacify him as she had always done. Only to be disappointed.

Aahan Ahmed was the current bane of his existence. Murtasim really wanted to kill him right now. His mother was Maa sahabs distant cousin who had come to visit after a decade bringing with herself her son who had just graduated from one of the top law schools in London. He was a pleasant, ambitious fellow who Murtasim had initially liked till the time Meerab had taken a liking to him. They had bonded over their passion for law and Meerab had taken it upon herself to make him feel comfortable during his stay which apparently involved going shopping with him and spending time as a local fare with him. He had been pissed that day she just couldn't go around frolicking around with anybody.

His quietness had frustrated Meerab now. " Mein tumse baat karne ke koshish kar rahi hoon Murtasim"

"Mat Karo itni koshish, ithi mehnat, itni mohabbat." He spat out.

"Ho kya gaya hai tumhe?"

He was at the end of his limited patience now and had dragged her to the terrace forcefully.

As they had reached the terrace, it was her turn to jerk her hand away

"Pagal ho Gaye ho?" Totally done with this bullshit.

He choose to answer her question with his "Aahan kaun hai?"

"Your cousin Murtasim, a guest in our house" she replied confused. "Dikkat kya hai tumhari uss se. He's a perfectly fine person." She truly didn't understand Murtasims coldness towards Aahan.