I Promise

"I'm sorry, Lisa... But I'm not yet ready to commit. I'm not ready to be in a relationship yet. I want to finish my studies first"

"it's okay. I'll wait for you.. I love you, Jennie"

"thank you"

........................

"Lisa, I'm sorry but I'm still not ready to do a serious relationship... I hope you'll understand"

"of course. I understand. I'll wait for you. I love you, please don't forget that"

"I-I won't and thank you...for loving and waiting for me this long"

"I'll always wait for you, Jen. Even if it'll take forever"

"you promise?"

" I promise"

..........................

2 years later

Jennie's finally back after studying abroad for two years...and today is the day Lisa had been waiting for almost 5 years. Hope Jennie's finally ready to be in a relationship and to be her girlfriend.

Though she and Jennie had lost communication for like a year but Lisa's confident that the girl is finally ready to commit and to be in a relationship. Because Mama Kim's always saying that Jennie looks and sounds happy, she seems not to be that stress with college, and after her graduation she knows her daughter would finally say yes to her. And that made Lisa feel really really happy and ecstatic to finally see Jennie again.

Mama Kim called last night saying that she's invited for dinner together with Jennie's whole family tonight... Of course Jennie's family is well aware of her waiting for their beloved mandu to be her girlfriend, and she couldn't help but to feel nervous and excited about it.

The night has come.

Bouquets of fresh daisies and roses were tucked in her left arms and there's a box of necklace hidden inside her trousers pocket...while on the other arm held a cute box of a cake with the saying 'will you please be my girlfriend?'

Lisa struggled to ring the bell at first but after the second time of attempt she finally succeeded... The bell rings and then her hearts starts to do some back flips, she's just way too excited to see Jennie again in person that she wants to make a little dance.

The door opens with Jennie's mom on the other side showing her a bright smile, offering her open arms for her... The older woman hugged her warmly

"good to see you again, Lisa! Gosh I missed you" she finally released Lisa from her arms

"I missed you too, Mama Kim... And I uhh this bouquet of roses were for you, I-I hope you liked it"

"awww you're so sweet! Of course I like it, It's from you...My daughter's soon to be lover! " Lisa blushed

"come in, jennie's upstairs still doing her thing.. Should I call her?"

"uhh no-no, no need I'll just wait for her to come down" with that Lisa settles the flower and cake down to the living room table

"Ohh Lisa!" Jisoo, jennie's sister appears coming from the kitchen.

"Jisooni!" they fist bump

"wow! You looked handsomely beautiful! Damn my sister would be lucky to be your girlfriend" Jisoo praises

"I-I.. That's not true. It's me who would be lucky if your sister's finally going to be my girlfriend"

"okay okay, whatever....you're that whipped! I don't even know where did you get all your patience for my sister! You waited wayyyy too longgg! I still can't believe you last this long! Anyway how about you help me with preparing the dishes. Minutes now dad and Jennie will be here"