Chapter 3- Disgrace

As Jisoo opened the main door, she was greeted by a woman. It was her mother. And by her face, it did not look good.

"Sooya, darling! How was school?" Jisoo's mother asked when Jisoo got back home from school. "Fine, I guess... it was alright. Like always."

Mother looked at her as if to send a message 'Say everything', but was of no use. 

"I know you're hiding something from me. Tell me, now. What happened?"

"Nothing! I already told you! Nothing special ever happens in school, just like it is. It's always like that. I mean, don't you agree too?"

"Hm. Well, whatever you're hiding, I'm gonna find out."

Jisoo was scared. What if her mother finds out that today wasn't a good day and got ruined by being scolded because of not paying attention and not scoring good marks? She had two tests. And failed both of them. Jisoo, reluctantly, walked to her room, hoping her mother would not stop her, like how it happens in movies.

"Stop."

That would be the end of her life now.

"You wouldn't think I would find out? Really? And also, you started lying?! Jisoo, what happened? We all thought that you were the top student."

"We? Who's we?"

"We as in your school, your teachers, me, and... your dad," Mom replied.

"Yes, Jisoo." A familiar voice had said.

"What? Dad?" She was surprised. Dad came out of nowhere.

"Jisoo, we didn't expect this from you. Scoring bad marks, not paying attention, and now lying? You've really changed. And oh, by the way, we came to know about it from your teachers. But, where was your mind at?"

Jisoo really couldn't say anything. She felt like was not related to this family. Even though she knew that she wasn't doing good, she kept quiet anyway.

She started crying, all of a sudden.

"I'm really sorry. I don't know why it is happening. Please, forgive me. I'll try not to repeat it again."

Dad sighed. "One more complaint from any of your teachers, and you'll see what will happen."

"Do you even know what would happen? You're cutting off our noses to spite our faces! People will start calling us idiots and that you're the first person in this family to be getting bad results! You're ruining our legacy! You have to continue it, you know? But it seems that you will be the end of it. Oh, God!"

Mother kept staring at her as if she wanted to say something. Finally, she spat it out.

"You're such a disgrace to our family. A TOTAL DISGRACE!"

Now she had to be called a disgrace.

Her dad scoffed. "Disgrace. You deserve to be called that."

'Am I a disgrace? What did I do? Is it all my fault?'

Her overthinking had started, again. It totally was the worst moment.

"Soo, answer one thing. Why are you not paying attention? Why are you scoring bad marks? What happened? Why did you change?" Mom asked.

But Jisoo was stuck in her thoughts. 'What do I do? Will Mom and Dad leave me? Oh no...'

"JISOO!"

"WHAT?!"

"WHY AREN'T YOU LISTENING TO ME?!"

"I AM!"

"STOP SHOUTING!"

Jisoo got really mad over here, she stormed out of the room and went to hers.

'Disgrace.'