New Home

[Whitty's POV]

I knock on the huge doors and a nun with pink hair covered by a long veil comes out. She seems excited that we arrived. She was shorter than both me and Ruv.

🌸: "Hello, you two! Are you here to join the church?"
💣: "Look, lady. Your offer seems nice, but me and my friend need a place to stay. It's about to rain, and he's very sick."
🌸: "Oh, dear! I'll see what I can do. You can come in, by the way."

I walk in, still carrying the Russian in my arms. "This place is a huge!" I say as I look around the church's interior.

I set Ruv down on a nearby couch. I immediately notice he must've fallen asleep on the way here. I smile, laying my hoodie that I brought with on him.

A few hours later, Ruv's eyes opened. He must feel at least a little bit better after the soup and resting a bit.

💣: "Feel any better?"
🍪: "Да, a little. I don't feel like I'm dying anymore, heh."
💣: "Phew, that's good. Can you get up?"
🍪: "Yeah, but..ACHOO!"
💣: "God bless you, man."
🍪: "Thanks."
🌸: "Oh! He's awake! Hello there!"
🍪: "Who's she?"
💣: "No idea, but she's letting us stay here."

[Ruv's POV]

I stretch a little before getting up and meeting this woman. She was surprised by my height.

🍪: "So, why did you take us in? Do you even know who we are?"
🌸: "Does it matter?..."
💣: "Ruv!"
🍪: "Ahem, so, what's your name?"
🌸: "I'm glad you asked! The name's Sarvente. But, to make things easier, you can call me Sarv!"
🍪: "I'm Ruvyzvat. My friend is Whitmore."
💣: "But you can call us Ruv and Whitty."
🍪: "Also, you can take your hoodie back, Whitty."
💣: "Oh, thanks." *Takes hoodie and puts it on*
🌸: "Tissues?" *Handing Ruv a box of tissues*
🍪: "Oh, thanks."

Sarvente turned out to be a very nice woman. She made us food and gave us water. Now we don't have to steal food. I don't know if stealing is Whitty's thing, but it's something I do when I need to.

I blow my nose, throwing away the used tissue afterwards. I threw it behind me and it somehow made it into the trash can. "Nice shot, bro," Whitty smiled. Oh no, here come the butterflies again. Why is this happening?!

I pull my ushanka over my face, but Sarvente immediately catches on. "Looks like someone has the hots for someone~" she teased. "Shut up!" I snapped. She then proceeded to laugh her ass off. "IT'S NOT FUNNY, СУКА!" I yelled at the nun. She had this expression after that meant she understood that last word.

"Ah, shit-"

[441 words]