Short Story 3 : Denial

Context : Sebastian Sallow and Y/N Y/l/n are both in their 7th year in Hogwarts. They are about 18 years old in this story. They have been best friends for years now (they met in their first year) and Sebastian is constantly teasing her. Their feelings towards each other are pretty unclear.

Y/N's pov

- Hey Seb. I said when I saw my best friend in the hallway.

- Hey Y/N I was thinking about you! I was looking for a new nickname to give you.

- Why would you want to do that? I said raising a brow.

- A pretty girl like you deserves a sweet little nickname. He smirked.

- That's bold. I laughed.

- What's wrong with being bold? Isn't that why you like me? My confidence and charisma? I think you like it Y/N.

- You think I like you? I laughed.

- I know you do, from the way you look at me, I can tell you admire me. He winks. So I don't see why you wouldn't like me.

- Oh I don't know maybe because you're pretentious?

- Maybe it's part of my charm? Maybe you even like it? I think you do sweetheart.

- You're thinking wrong sweetheart.

- You're calling me sweetheart? Is it because you have a crush on me? The truth is coming out Y/N, you do like me. He smirked content with himself.

- Don't play dumb Sebastian you know I was copying you. I do not have a crush on you I am just teasing you.

- Are you sure? I think you are teasing me because you want to hide your feelings. But it's okay, it's a secret between the two of us Y/N.

- Sure whatever you say. I laughed knowing he wasn't being serious.

- Just admit you like me Y/N, there's no shame in that. He winked at me.

- I don't.

- Let's do something. If you like me, kiss me and if you don't run away.

- Okay. I said starting to leave.

- Oh come on don't go! Just a quick kiss, even if it's on my cheek. He grinned, holding me back.

- I am not giving you the satisfaction Sallow. I said patting his cheek.

What was up with him?

- You want to play hard to get I see. That's fine. I can wait, and the longer we wait the more you will love me. I am irresistible Y/N. He said with a cocky smirk on his face.

- Irresistible and so full of yourself Sebastian.

- So what if I am? Isn't why you like me?

- For the last time Sebastian I do not like you. He started to get on my nerves slightly.

- Okay, okay. He said raising both of his hands. You keep saying you don't. But I bet my money that within a week or two we will be going out. You may not admit it, but I sure as hell see the signs Y/N.

- You should keep your money because I am not giving in.

- You are just being stubborn now. Just give in to your feelings, I know you have them.