Chapter Fifteen: Misunderstanding

"I'm sorry Adrien, I didn't realize what we were doing could do that to you?" She felt incredibly embarrassed, how could she forget something like that could happen!?

"Don't apologize, it's not your fault. I just couldn't take the heat." He lifted his face from his hands.

"Still, I should have known better than to tease you like that when we're in such a public location." Her face was wracked with guilt. She hadn't considered that result as a possibility arising from their flirting.

"Marinette it's really okay, if anything it just means you're really, really good at... at ahem yeah." He lost his confidence.

"Thank you." She blushed.

"You're not so bad yourself." She said bashfully.

They both looked flushed, and Adrien was internally thrilled that she liked his flirtatious response.

"Did you um- you didn't... gosh why is it so hard to talk?" Marinette fanned her face and began again.

"D-Did you get hard all the way? Do I need to take you somewhere to r-relieve yourself?" She started stammering.

They both felt just a little humiliated by the questions she asked.

"N-No I stopped us before it became a problem." He anxiously rubbed his arm.

"Oh okay, good." She nervously fiddled with her skirt, afraid to meet his eyes after the whole ordeal.

Slowly his hands wrapped around hers, steadying her nervous movements. They were warm, and strong. It gave her an all over feeling of comfort that eased the unknown tension out of her shoulders.

It was incredible to her how he could calm her in the same moment that he caused her to become wildly flustered. She must be losing her mind, she'd never flown through so many emotions in such a short time frame with anyone before Adrien.

She squeezed his hands and felt an overwhelming need to kiss him again, but not in the same way she had wanted to mere seconds ago. This time she wanted to kiss him tenderly. Pour every ounce of affection she felt towards the boy into that one kiss, so that he might understand just how deeply attached she'd become to him in the small amount of time they'd been together.

She couldn't kiss him though. It would be problematic for both of them, but a voice spoke mischievously in the far reaches of mind saying, "it doesn't have to be a kiss on the lips."

Marinette stood up on her tiptoes, using Adrien's hands to keep herself steady. She quickly planted a kiss on his cheek and returned to her original stance.

Adrien's eyes were wide with surprise. "Wha-what was that for?" He stammered.

"That was for being considerate." She smiled shyly.

"Oh? Considerate, about what?" He smiled teasingly while trying to look innocent.

Marinette rolled her eyes, trying fruitlessly to repress her smile.

"Okay we get it you're cute. Now stop messing with me and let's go, before Alya and Nino come looking for us." She let go of his hands and started walking forward.

His footsteps followed quickly after her, and soon enough he was right beside her again.

"You think I'm cute?" He tilted his head and gave her a cheshire cat grin.

She lightly shoved his shoulder. "Obviously I think you're cute. Now seriously behave, or you won't get any more kisses from me."

He ran ahead and stood directly in front of her, abruptly stopping her mid-step. "Does that mean there'll be more kisses like earlier?" His face lit up at the prospect of more sweet pecks on the cheek.