012

CW: Infinity War Spoilers (just in case lol)

TW: gore

A dark and gloomy atmosphere filled the ship supposed to be meant for hope and rescue. Instead of innocent laughter from families ready to begin their new life, a deadly silence engulfed the room, with only the crackle of fire to be heard.

A thin, yet tall man named Ebony Maw walked elegantly over the corpses of those once known as Asgardian Refugees.

He spoke, "Hear me, and rejoice. You have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan. You may think this is suffering," he raised his arms in worship, "No... It is salvation. Universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice. Smile... For even in death, you have become Children of Thanos.

Watching from the side was a beaten and bruised version of Loki. He could feel the fabric of his clothes sticking to his open wounds underneath. His shoulders tense, he watched as the wrinkly, purple alien in front of him walked and looked out the ship's window, a bright blue light encasing him.

"I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right... yet to fail, nonetheless."

The alien, also known as Thanos, turned to face Thor's beaten body that lay motionlessly at his feet. Thor groaned in pain as Thanos grabbed him by his head with no regard for his well-being.

"It's frightening. Turns the legs to jelly," Thanos walked at a menacingly slow pace toward Loki, "I ask you, to what end? Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say... I AM."

He smugly smirked as he raised his left fist at Loki, showing off a powerful gauntlet.

The gauntlet in question was meant to hold the infinity stones. The very stones that could destroy the universe if chosen to do so.

In his gauntlet, Thanos already had one stone: the power stone.

Thor spat out blood from his side next to Thanos, "You talk too much."

Loki glanced at his brother with a stoic expression, not letting any emotions seep through. He forced himself to breathe normally.

"The Tesseract, or your brother's head," Thanos threatened, "I assume you have a preference."

"Oh, I do," Loki took a deep breath, "Kill away!"

He was forced to watch with indifference as Thanos set his gauntlet on Thor's face and burned him from the inside out.

Thor's groans of agony echoed across the otherwise silent ship.

Loki cringed and looked away, unable to watch his brother in pain any longer.

"ALRIGHT, STOP!"

Finally being free from the indescribable pain that came from Thanos' ring, Thor choked out, "We don't have the Tesseract. It was destroyed on Asgard."

With a heavy feeling in his chest, Loki glanced at Thor with a guilty look. He lifted his right hand into the air and brought upon the Tesseract with a blue light.

Thor was too fatigued and in too much pain to feel shocked, instead, he muttered, "You really are the worst, brother."

Although the words were expected, Loki's aching heart seemed to cry out in guilt and sadness. Loki walked toward Thanos, Tesseract on hand, "I assure you, brother, the Sun will shine on us again."