reunion message

At night,
21:37 p.m.

On the mobile phone, it continuously beeps with vibration one after another. A list of messages can be seen on lock screen notification from an Instagram chat group. She scrolls down and reads the list of messages in the pop up bar.

Guri: "woww finally something is planned"

vansh: "did you book the place"

Devyansh: "hey quickly add the remaining ones too"

Kabir: "oh ho darling, you did a good job"

guri: "Mr. admin when the meeting is"

guri: "hey, the place should be of good ambiance. I want many pictures of mine"

Varsha: "yes, the reunion party must be at night"

Kabir: "And yes everyone should bring their children and wives too, let's see how many have married without inviting others"

Abhinav: "Don't worry, I have done the place, the ambience is perfect"

varsha: "what is the venue?"

Abhinav: "Hotel golden hall"

Harika: "let's do this for the 26th date next week"

guri: "yes, guys let's meet together on that day"

Varsha: "sure, no one should be absent and busy that day. it's Sunday"

'What's with all these messages and reunions. I'm sure it's gonna cancel again.' As she was thinking about its cancellation while reading the group messages. A man suddenly walked out from behind her and read the message on her phone silently and asked "what are you doing? reunion? Are you going?"

She jumped out of surprise and looked at the man who walked out from behind and sat leaning against the table. she turned off the screen of her phone and kept it next to her hand "Brother Varun. What are you doing here?" she asked.

He didn't reply to her questions but then asked his question again "Mansi, are you going to this reunion?" His looked right into her eyes and leaned towards her with all that wonder expression and serious tone.

She looked at the blank screen of her phone and then lightly pushed him away and said "don't know let's see what happens?"

As she was having a little chat with the man. The mobile phone on the table next to her hand ranged. The well known number in her contact called, her best friend Harika " hello?"

her best friend asked her in excitement from the other side "hello! did you read the group messages"

Mansi replied "yes they are planning some reunion"

Harika then continued her conversation "Yes, Abhinav and others contacted me. they are all coming. are you coming this time?"

She replied without thinking twice "I'm not sure"

"Idiot, you have missed all the previous gatherings. This time you must attend " Harika yelled in her ear from the other side sounding a little upset.

But here Mansi was just not listening to her babbling and was all cool "uhm.. I'll try "

"what try? let's just go." Harika went mad again after listening to her half heartily reply.

"ok, I'll definitely try" Mansi wants to just save her strength and refuse but she won't be able to hear a great lecture coming for her after refusing her she just tried to  excuse.

After listening to her reply she again became overjoyed and said "Really you promised right? I'm really eager to see the partners of our classmates and friends "

Mansi scoffed "only you would be eager to do it"

But the proud Harika just went her way and teased her back "of course not everyone is like you single and without a boyfriend. when some of our friends had kids too"

Mansi smiled lightly and said "So what? I'm just not interested. Where is your husband? go disturb my brother in law not me"

"yes, whatever you say" Harika replied by imitating Mansi

To cut the long call short she excused herself with some work matters "okay bye now. i have work to do, bye"

Listening to all her conversation Varun standing next to her teased her with a flirty smile "Hey missy, this handsome boy is free. how about you bring me as a partner?"

But Mansi just punched him right in his stomach "Do you wanna die? let me call your wife." and then cried out the name loudly "Ann-" but was stopped mid way as Varun covered her mouth and kept her from saying anything.

"lady gangster, please forgive me. don't tell her" Varun then pleaded to Mansi. Mansi smirked looking all pleased "I won't for now. but who knows next time I just--"

While massaging his stomach which was still hurting from that punch he said "Hey, I'm only helping you. why are you bringing her up? if she finds out again, she will again empty out my bank account" He says as a pleading from an innocent husband who was robbed by his wife.

Then she pushed varun out of her room  "Then brother be good. I still have to complete the report"

He stopped halfway on the door and asked "wait, do you want coffee too. I'm making some for my queen and me."

Mansi refused "No, I don't need it you both enjoy it" and close the door.

While getting back to her desk in front of the computer her eyes again fall on the blank screen of her phone.

' "reunion" Should I really go? it's not like I was afraid to go, it's just that I don't want to see that face. It really makes me awkward. After all it is not like it would make much of a difference. No one would mind if I was not there so much. let's just not go and find some excuse. But will he come.' She patted hardly on her face with her both hands "Stop it Mansi, this has nothing to do with you. How could you think about him now?" with a mere mention, she was deep lost in thoughts and had a bitter sweet smile on her face.