★ The Young Exorcist: Part 1

「DATE AND TIME: September 6, 2022 - 4:30 PM」

★ AUTHOR'S POV -

"Yashiro Nene! I love you! Please go out with me!" shouted Hanako

"What...?"

Yashiro felt more conflicted than usual. Didn't Hanako like Y/N-san? Why does Hanako like Yashiro, even though they only knew each other for a month or so? Yashiro always had a hard time reading Hanako but, this was something different entirely. 

"Yashiro?" Hanako asked quietly. "Hurry up and turn me down!"

Now if this wasn't confusing before, it sure is now.

"I'm sorry but I can't like you." said Yashiro, a bit quicker than she should have.

"What?! Why aren't you accepting his love? If someone confessed their love for you, you must accept!" yelled a mysterious voice.

Hanako pushed Nene behind him. She looked up the tree to see that it has a face now. 

"Love makes people happy and you reject it? Blasphemy." said the tree voice.

"Kodama, you have abused your power as a school rumor and you shall be punished!" demanded Hanako, who is pointing his knife at Kodama.

"School Mystery! I have done nothing to deserve this treatment! I am simply making students happy and feel fulfilled" bellowed Kodama.

Hanako ran towards the tree and sliced it half with his knife. The Kodama shrunk down to a tiny tree. Nene thought it was pretty cute. 

"What's a Kodama, Hanako?" asked Nene, stammering.

"You know how a bunch of weird people have been getting together? That tree is the reason for it. The rumor is that whoever confesses someone under it, it will always go well." says Hanako, shrugging off the fact he "confessed his feelings" to Nene.

"Oh, okay..." murmured Nene. They sat in awkward silence for a minute when Hanako hunched down to ask the tree what should his new rumor.

"Yashiro? Oh I know! You're disappointed that it wasn't a real confession, aren't you?" spoke Hanako, softly laughing a bit.

Little did he know, Yashiro was crying.

★ YASHIRO'S POV -

I couldn't believe him. Using me to get rid of some rumor?? He knows how unsure and new I am to this! Why couldn't he use someone experienced like Y/N-san?? Why me.

"Hanako-kun...you jerk!" I yelled, as I head-butted his forehead.

"I'm so embarrassed! I feel so stupid for trusting you!" I cried out as I went down to my knees.

"Trusting me..?" Hanako-kun whispered to himself, confused by the revelation.

"Why do you kiss me on the cheek the other day, anyway??" I hiccuped as more tears streamed down my face like a waterfall.

"W-Well, you were tired out! So, I put a charm on you so that apparitions won't attack for a while! Nothing romantic about that!" shouted Hanako, hysterically.

I still couldn't believe him. He could have at least done it in private and explain it to me and not let Y/N-san witness it all without any context!

I ran up to him and slapped him. "Talk about misleading!"

"I'm sorry! I said I am sorry!" Hanako answered, a bit annoyed by the fact I slapped him

"I'm leaving" I mumbled loud enough for him to hear. My tears have dried and my eyes are probably red as a blood moon.