1

The hand that Bakugo Katsuki came to hate

The hand that reached out to him at the river that day.

"Are you alright kacchan? Are you hurt?"

He's the best! He has an amazing quirk! He's strong! So what is this feeling? Why is someone quirkless looking down on him? He can't be a hero without a quirk! This unknown feeling… 

Those emerald eyes looked down on him, he's supposed to be the weaker of the two! So why… 

Midoriya Izuku always followed him from behind, as he should. As he was supposed to, so why the hell does it feel like he's already so far ahead of him.

They're equals

They both love All Might

They're childhood friends

They're going to be part of the Bakugo Hero Agency!

That day on the river changed everything…

Bakugo Katsuki felt hatred.

Bakugo woke up to familiar white lights, his mind doing its best to process his surroundings. First is the sound of beeping, it made his head throb. Second is the smell, antiseptics, the saturation of alcohol, and the smell of cleaning supplies. Next is the feeling of an oxygen mask on his face along with multiple wires and tubes attached to different areas of his body. Hospital? Medical Station? Along those lines he's guessing. That answers the question as to where he is, as for why.

Wait.

The battle… he survived?

Everything hurts, his head was throbbing like crazy as he tried to recall what happened before he woke up, bit by bit his memories came back to him like a shitty decade old cassette tape.

He couldn't move his body, everything felt too heavy. It was as if all the muscles in his body were turned into mush, although it's probably not far from his current situation.

"Katsuki?" 

That voice… his mother, she's crying at his bedside, he could see her from the corner of his eye. He wanted to hug her, feel the warmth of her motherly love.

Don't cry mom

It doesn't suit you

Yell at me like you always do

Like before

Just please don't cry

I'm here you see?

I'm a hero

I'm supposed to make you smile

Like All Might

Wait.

All Might.

One for All.

Deku…

Where's Deku?

He heard his mother call for the nurses and doctors, they flooded the room immediately while he could only watch, he couldn't hear anything else but ringing anymore, eventually his eyelids grew too heavy and he once again fell into darkness with only one thought.

Deku.

The hand that scared Bakugo Katsuki

Deku is his name now, it means useless. Because that's what Midoriya Izuku is, quirkless and worthless. He can never be a hero, never beat Bakugo.

This nerd keeps following him everywhere, taking stupid notes about quirks.

He went as far as destroying his beloved notes, telling the damn idiot to take a swan dive off a building in hopes of getting a quirk in his next life.