Chapter Three

The voice rang out as the group stepped out of the lift. Nyx looked up to see Draco Malfoy standing with his arms folded across his chest and a smirk on his face. He, too, looked older than 19 but in a sexy way. He was devilishly handsome, with a chiselled jawline and dark grey eyes that Nyx could get lost in. Anyone could get lost in really.

"Who asked you Malfoy?" Ron snapped.

"I just think it is funny that you are going to write up her for eavesdropping." Draco shrugged.

"Why? She your girlfriend or something?" Ron smirked and turned back to Nyx. "So you don't even work here? You are just Malfoy's latest whore here to please him and -"

"RON WEASLEY!" Kingsley snapped. "How dare you speak to her like that!"

"What?" Ron shrugged.

"You actually have no idea who she is do you?" Draco laughed.

Hermione and Harry looked nervous. Kingsley was furious. Ron looked indifferent. "Who is she then? Not someone who works here. I have never seen her before in my life."

"Ah, Ron -" Harry started.

"It's alright Potter. Let him dig himself a hole." Draco smirked.

Nyx just wanted to disappear. "I better get to work," she said quietly as she moved.

But Ron mirrored her actions. "You are going nowhere to I see your Ministry ID. We are standing with the Minister for Magic and you look like a threat!"

"Alright Ron that's enough," Kingsley snapped. "You owe Miss Nyx an apology, right now!"

Hermione gasped and looked up. "Your Nyx Addalie?" Nyx nodded as Hermione blushed. "I have been looking over your inventions and creations. You are amazing! I have wanted to meet you for months." Nyx simply nodded.

"Ron....an apology," Kingsley said through gritted teeth.

"Not likely," Ron scoffed.

"I have work to do. He doesn't want to apologise and I am a big girl. I can take someone being annoyed with me or making up lies as it were," Nyx glared at Ron and he faltered for a moment and looked scared. "Now, I have a meeting in 10 minutes I have to prepare for and -"

"I know you do," Kingsley sighed. "With the five of us."

"Excuse me?" At least four of the group asked.

"Your meeting is with the five of us. Which is why I could talk about it in the lift. I knew she was trustworthy. Actually, this meeting is to beg for her help." Kinsgely now glared at Ron as did Draco and Harry.

"She...you mean...but...she -" Ron stuttered.

Nyx blushed. Now she had to sit in a room with him while he insulted her. Not bloody likely. "I am not sitting in a room with him," she pointed to Ron. "I may hex him!"

"I may help you," Draco smirked.

"FINE!" Ron screeched. "I don't want to sit in a room with you either. We can have the meeting without her."

"No we can't," Kingsley said annoyed. "We need her. The whole meeting is about her. But we can have the meeting without you."

"You can't be serious?" Ron protested.

"Deadly serious!" The Minister said folding his arms. 

Ron cursed under his breath. "Well then have it without Hermione or Harry. They are on my side."

"You want them to ignore a career-changing case because you are pissed that you bullied the wrong person?" Draco laughed again.

"I didn't bully -"