4

Chapter 4 Monkey Ticket

Holding the huge sum of three yuan in his hand, Zhang Xiaobao was very moved.

This was given to him by his grandparents, one yuan per person. You know, in the countryside in 1984, this was definitely a huge sum of money.

Instead of going to a small shop to buy snacks as usual, I found an iron box and stored them.

The next day, Zhang Xiaobao got up early to go to school. It was his turn to be on duty today, so he had to go earlier than others.

"Mr. Li, good morning." He bowed obediently and called the teacher, who did not expect him to come so early.

"Good morning! Why are you here so early?" He raised his hand to look at the watch on his wrist and asked.

"I'm on duty today." Wow, Mr. Li's family is pretty good, and he can even wear a watch, which is a symbol of wealth these days.

"Well, then you go to the classroom." Teacher Li nodded, carrying a few books and walked towards the office. After walking a few steps, Teacher Li turned around and called Zhang Xiaobao, "Zhang Xiaobao, after you clean up in a while, go to the office Come find me."

"Oh, good! Goodbye, Mr. Li." Although the good students are treated better, they pretend to be very tired. Zhang Xiaobao sighed with his head down.

There are four students on duty, two are going to clean the toilet, two are cleaning the classroom, this time it is their turn to the classroom, Zhang Xiaobao exhales, the toilet at this time is not the public toilet with tiles in the future, but a wooden house on the mud floor For the toilet, a big hole is dug on the ground, and then a few wooden boards are placed on it. It smells bad all the year round, especially in summer, it is full of flies and all kinds of bugs. Zhang Xiaobao, who is used to modern toilets, feels very uncomfortable. of not adapting.

After cleaning, the students in the class also came one after another. After talking to the monitor, they went to the teacher's office.

Although they said it was a school, it was actually rebuilt from a large ancestral hall. There was a hut in the main hall, and there were many tokens in it!

The school has two floors. The first to third grades are on the first floor, and the fourth and fifth grades are on the second floor. There is only one class for each grade, and there are more than one hundred students in the whole school. This is because there are three or five surrounding villages here. Otherwise, there would probably be forty or fifty students in a village.

The offices of the teacher and the principal are on the second floor. There are only two rooms. The smaller one is the principal's office, and the larger one is the teacher's office.

There are a total of eight teachers in the school, one of which is the principal, one is the vice principal, and the other is the director. Mr. Li is the vice principal of the school, so his office is a little better than other teachers, that is, it is separated by wooden boards in the big room. a small room.

When Zhang Xiaobao came to the office, several other teachers also came. The teacher who taught him math saw him and asked, "Zhang Xiaobao, you are not in the classroom, what are you doing here?"

"Mr. Zhang, Mr. Li asked me to come." Zhang Xiaobao replied with a smile.

Teacher Zhang came from their village, and he is considered the most educated and promising person in their village. Because of Zhang's father's confession, he is usually very strict with Zhang Xiaobao.

Hearing that it was Mr. Li who asked him to come, Mr. Zhang let him in without saying anything, just nodded.

Teacher Li teaches Chinese and art, so in addition to a large cabinet of books, there are many paintings hanging on the wall in his office. This is a novelty in the countryside. Usually, many children like to sneak peeks at Teacher Li. I am proud to see the paintings on the wall.