Chapter 4: Nameless Soul

Eesh, humans were so noisy. Bill didn't think Fish would scream so loud at a minor burn, but hey, it was kinda fun to watch him squirm. After a solid minute of Stan beating uselessly against Sixer's chest, though, it started getting irritating. Grabbing Fish by the hair, Bill slammed his head into the console, but the man still kept fighting.

"You've got SPUNK, kid; I like it! But you need to learn when–" Bill punched Fish in the face– Once; "To–" Twice. "Stay–" Thrice. "Down!" Finally, Fish went limp, nose bleeding and cheek a sickly red color. The room was silent, and Bill leaned back, chest heaving from the exertion. He picked Fish up and began carrying him up to the house, which proved more difficult than Bill expected. Stan was all dead weight, body flapping around limply, making it hard to carry him up the stairs. Bill needed to dispose of Fish before ole Sixer came back, but where to go? The ground was too frozen outside to dig any sort of grave, but if Fish was left in the woods, he was sure to be picked off by that tree giant. What had Sixer called it? Steve? Seemed perfect! Grunting, Bill dragged Fish out of the elevator, heading towards the door. Fish slipped from Bill's grasp, landing hard on the floor, his jacket slipping off part-way. Bill removed it completely and discarded it on the ground, picking Fish back up. A few moments later, Fish was taken care of, but there was one little problem; The car was still in front of the house. That was no good, Bill hummed, 'cause Sixer needed to think Fish left.

How hard could it be to control?

▲▲▲▲

"INSCOLENT CUBE OF SCRAP, I COMMAND YOU!" Bill hissed as the car moved jerkily in a direction Bill did not wish to go. Humans and their pathetic machines. Bill mashed a few buttons, face scrunching when some sort of horrible noise began to play. What was happening? Was it a spell? Was the car going to combust?

» [Ancient Name (Part II) - Lord Huron] «
0:11 ─〇───── 2:05
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

I scream and shout like this

Just to prove to the world that I still exist

I don't believe in life

And I won't believe in death 'til I die

Ignoring the racket, Bill continued maneuvering toward the forest behind Sixer's house, teeth gritted and knuckles white. Bill couldn't get it far, but Sixer wasn't exactly perceptive. Bill could easily spin up some lie to ease Sixer's worries. Smacking the buttons again, Bill managed to shut the horrid noise off and, with a satisfied smile, walked back into the house, shutting the door. With Fish gone, Sixer's plan would go up in smoke, and he'd have nowhere to run. Bill would finally get what he wanted. Bill exited Sixer's body, chuckling as the man crumpled into a heap on the floor. That'll hurt later!

Pain was hilarious!

▲▲▲▲

Muffled talking, pitchy laughter, a hand holding him down, heat, fire–

Pain.

There was pain everywhere– his head, his shoulder– he couldn't move–

Someone was laughing. Why? Who? Please, let him up–

Por favor, déjame salir, no puedo respirar! Rico, please!

Stan's eyes snapped open, chest heaving as he sucked in ragged breaths, struggling to sit up and failing. He panicked for a few seconds before realizing it was because he was cocooned in, like, twenty quilts. What the hell? What happened? Why was he so cold? He shivered, trying to gain his bearings. He wasn't in a trunk (it was just a nightmare, a memory, he had to focus on the present), but rather in a living room. A cluttered living room. Stanford's living room, to be precise. How had he gotten here? Why was everything so muddled?