𝐱𝐥𝐢. 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter forty-one ―― canoodling

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter forty-one ―― canoodling

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ DALE COULD-COULD get under your skin

ˏˋ°•*⁀DALE COULD-COULD get under your skin. He sure got under mine, because he wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought, how he felt."

Charlie sat in the bed of the blue Ford, her knees pulled up to her chest as she tugged her jacket around her shins, the wind blew her hair in all directions – even with it pulled up into a ponytail. She kept her eyes on her boots, they were worn and dirty, the sole of her left boot falling off – she had patched it up with duct tape. Josh rubbed her back, looking around as Shane drove down a dirt road towards the far end of the farm. Josh had been worried about Charlie. She hadn't been sleeping much, he knew because she had taken him up on his offer and she had been sleeping in his tent with him.

He tugged her closer to him, both of them rocking back and forth with the movement of the truck – as did Daryl and T-Dog who sat in front of them, their backs against the cab of the truck. The brunette looked up, smiling a little at him as she leaned her head on his shoulder. She was cold and he was warm, but also because he made her feel comfortable.

"That kind of honesty is rare and brave."

Shane pulled the truck over next to a fence and the six jumped out, Shane checking the fence, Andrea carrying the wire in case it needed repairs, T-Dog carrying the tool box, while Daryl, Charlie and Josh kept an eye out for walkers. Daryl had his crossbow, Charlie had her knife and her gun in its hostler on her hip, and Josh had a rifle slung over his shoulder.

"Whenever I'd make a decision, I'd look at Dale. He'd be looking back at me with that look he had. We've all seen it at one time or another."

The six ventured into the woods, Daryl leading the way as they did a sweep for walkers. Charlie held her knife in her hand, Josh had a baseball bat, Shane carried a shovel, Andrea a pitchfork, and T had a hammer.

"I couldn't always read him, but he could read us."

Daryl slowed to a stop, his eyes on the muddy ground, then he whistled, getting the attention of the others before he pointed in front of him and they started in that direction.