02: getting hitched?

jungkook walked passed taehyung's cabin into a smaller cubicle where his office was

jungkook walked passed taehyung's cabin into a smaller cubicle where his office was. he sat down and called his mother to explain that he wouldn't be making it back home that weekend.

"i know, i know." he said, clearly annoyed. "okay, tell halmoni i'm sorry, okay? what..." he trailed off and tilted his head slightly as his mother complained to him. "eomma what do you want me to tell you? he's making me work the weekend." another pause. "no, I'm not... no. listen, i've worked too hard for this promotion to throw it all away, okay?" he explained, talking faster into the phone, noticing taehyung approaching the doorway out of the corner of his eye, he had to end this quick.

"i'm sure that appa is pissed," he muttered quietly before talking in a more normal tone, though it was still obvious he was annoyed with the situation. "but we take all of our submissions around here very seriously. we'll get back to you as soon as we can." he ended the call, shaking his head slightly, and sighed as if he had just dealt with an impatient caller, calling about business.

"was that your family?" taehyung asked with his hands crossed against his chest repeatedly tapping on the elbows.

"yes." jungkook answered, looking at him as he tapped his fingers on the desk in front of him impatiently.

"they tell you to quit?"

"every single day," he answered without hesitation just as the phone started to ring. he picked it up, still looking at taehyung with an annoyed expression, before saying, "mr kim taehyung's office." taehyung was sure of why jungkook stuck around. he wanted a promotion, yet taehyung had no intentions of letting him get it. he also was aware of how annoyed jungkook and his family were with him for being so harsh.

"oh..." jungkook continued on the phone. "yeah. okay. all right." jungkook hung up the phone again and turned to look at his boss, already seeming to have calmed down from his earlier rant to his mother. "mr. min and mr. jung wants to see you upstairs " he informed- taehyung groaned closing his eyes shut for a moment. "okay." he said shortly opening his eyes again. "come get me in ten minutes. we've got a lot to do."

"okey-doke." jungkook responded as he left.

taehyung walked through the office floor and made his way to the elevator to reach the floor above. "good morning mr.kim." the receptionist in the lobby area at the front desk said, but was taken aback when taehyung ignored her and walked straight to the room where the lead council and chairman were waiting for him.

"mr. min and mr. jung." taehyung called as he closed the door behind him.

"taehyung," mr. jung hoseok started. "congratulations on the whole frank thing. that's a terrific news."

"thank you, thank you." taehyung responded with a light chuckle, knowing that he had done well. "this isn't about my second raise, is it?" he joked "-just kidding." taehyung added chuckling slightly along with the other two.