New money

~Alarm~
"Ugh. Okay wake up. First day at Burroughs. Gotta look good. Well... Less repulsive." I slowly open my eyes,slightly hurt by my subconscious. I looked over at my Ihome, hating nothing more in the world. 6:03."I now have 3 minutes less. If I'm gonna cover this monster up, I'm gonna meet all the time I can get." I looked down at my body and groaned. "Better skip breakfast... You know...for time. Okay. If I'm gonna be normal I need to stop talking to myself..." I glanced at myself one last time before moving to my desk to turn Pandora on my laptop. I guess I wasn't horrible looking, true I had changed over the summer. I lost weight and found a great dermatologist to fix my... Pimple problem. I guess that's what happens when you become 'New Money', as all my friends started calling me. Ever since my mom got the job at Box Planet Insurance with my crazy uncle Markus or C.U.M (it's okay. He's super gay) she's been sparing no expense to fix our lives. Something about "living amends". So we now live in a 'cute' suburban McMansion in fricken uptown Burbank. I guess living as a second class citizen for so long makes me a little tweaky on the whole thing. I mean, it's beautiful and huge but it doesn't seem like my life. I keep thinking I'm gonna wake up and it will all be just a dream. Anyway, Barb and Cory (my second mom and brother) live a few minutes away and since he works in my new schools front office, he drives me now.... SUBJECT CHANGE. I'm finally going to JBS though... My dream school... It's all so surreal right now. My sister, the former choir star, put in a good word so hopefully auditions go well... And by go well, I mean I don't choke and fall off stage. I was shaken from my morning nightmare by a FaceTime request on my laptop. It was my partner in world hatred: Delaney Craig. She moved to Silver Lakes freshman year and she was the only person I clicked with so fast in a long time and she understood every inch of my crazy mind. I answered the call but walked into my mini mall closet.
"New money!! Ohh my gosh you will never understand how much I miss you! You left me with all these crazy desert rednecks!!" Delaney had lived in Chicago for most of her life so the desert was her biggest nightmare. That was another reason we bonded. We were city girls, ducks out of water, two bright light loving sore thumbs.
"Del Taco I miss you too. I wish you could come live with me... Wait... No. You snore." I laughed and sighed at the sad expression on her face. I held up a finger, signaling her to hold on as I went to my closet and picked out an outfit. I tried it on and walked in front of my laptop.
"So?" She laughed at how well I knew her. Clothes alway made her happy. She eyed me up and down and gave me the Delaney Craig smile of approval. So it was settled. First day of school: a pair of high-waisted peach jeggings,white crop top, tan cardigan and nude loafers. I started curling my now back length hair and put in a cute peach bow. I looked myself up and down as images of my old self flashed through my head. I pulled down the shirt and shifted uncomfortably. I groaned and walked back to my lap top. I sighed and looked at my camera view of Del's brightly lit room. I smiled, remembering all the times we'd snuck out of that bay window and binge ate on her four post bed. The memory flood was unbearable so I told her I was gonna do my make up. As I heard her mom call her down for breakfast, I know our conversation would come to a close. I blew her a kiss and she blew one back.
"Adios my little dip-dyed poodle." She said with a sad smile
"Sayonara my little bright eyed butter blossom." We laughed at our dumb inside joke as we hung up.
How the hell am I gonna survive without her?