Chapter 9(2): Nip Siu-sin and Ning Choi-san

- I want to be yours, but at what cost? -

Why? Why are you here? In the most critical time. As if you're my knight in shining armour. But you're not. You are a Casanova, conquering hearts of many but takes care of none.

"Oiii! Slower, Third!"

Third flinched. He dabbed the cotton harder on Khai's cheek. Earning another protest. He ignored the wail and whine because he's slightly pissed. Treating Khai's wound isn't in his plan tonight. Neither was getting into trouble with Top. But it had happened. No one to blame but himself.

"Why are you here?"

Khai looked down, like a child getting caught breaking things. "Well, to help you...?"

"And you just magically know where I am, what I am doing?"

"It's a coincidence. N'Fourth came running to me like you're dying. I'm here before I know it."

The smaller of the two got quiet. He glanced over to Fourth - who's playing and taking care of his crush's wounds as well. That brat. They got themselves roped into this. No one to blame either. Back to Khai. Third had not wanted anyone to see him in that situation, especially Khai. He felt weak and powerless. He didn't like that. Yet, had these idiots not shown up, Third only have the worst of worst imagination.

He crumpled the used cotton and tossed it. "I can take care of it myself."

"I know," lied Khai. They both know how untrue that is. "But I want to protect you anyway. Can't I?"

"Why?"

"...You're my best friend. I can't let you die off like that, right?"

Third stared. Khai waited anxiously, probably afraid of stepping on another landmine. But he didn't. That's the problem. For once, there's nothing wrong with Khai. Just... What exactly was Third expecting? He thought he's over this.

Third knows all that, yet nothing stops him from being the stubborn bitch he is. "You shouldn't have," and he organized the first aid kit they borrowed from P'Mix, the bar owner.

"Third..."

Not that tone. He stood up, looking away.

"Where are you going?"

"Home."

"Wait!" Khai abruptly got up as well. "Let me take you home!"

Third frowned. "What for?"

"It's dangerous."

"I'm not a kid, Khai. I go back alone every day."

"Yes... but what if those guys come back? What if they follow you back?"

"They won't!"

"How are you so sure?"

He's not. But Khai's exaggerating too. "They won't..." repeated him, albeit softer.

"Let me take you home, Third. Okay?"

Not that tone! The one that's between sweet and whiny. The one that can get people to give him everything he wants. Third refuses to be one of those fools any longer. "No, Khai. It's unnecessary."

"Please, Third! " he took his hand, gripping with little force. Sent a little thump to Third's heart - which he wants to tear it off and chuck it to the bin along with those blood-stained cottons.

"I said no," Third pulled away.

"Don't be like that." He caught it back. "I know you are strong. I know you can take care of yourself. But don't do it by yourself. Share it with me naa, Third?"