Chapter 16: Third and Khai

- And If I say yes even before you ask... -

"Okay, cut!" Khai spoke into the walkie-talkie. He stood up from behind the monitor. "Nong Kin, Nong P, can you come back here for a sec? Just a lil' brief before we wrap up today!"

Third loves Khai. Oh, god, he feels like a whore for having this thought! Just because that man is suddenly 100 times hotter switching from sound man to the director. Then it's either him thinking out loud or Two finally got his license as mind-reader. Because Third should be a certified poker-face.

"Enough staring at our director like that, Sir."

"Like what?"

"Like you want to devour him and leave no crumbs."

"Gross, Ai'Two!"

"Is it not true?"

"I don't have a dick for a brain like you."

Two shrugged, "If you say so."

Third picked up his Starbucks tumbler - a birthday gift from Khai. "I'm just thinking he got better at doing this."

"Being a director?"

"Yeah,"

"I guess you're right. He's nice and gets along with everyone, but not too much that they don't take him seriously. The crew listen to him, the actors like him."

"Except Nong Kin." Third laughed.

"They're too much alike."

The remaining year of the university, Khai has been doing great. He studies seriously, doesn't skip class as much, and has more responsibility for his work. Third can begin to see Hod Production happening for real. Also, a future with Khai...

"And... Action!"

Third shook himself back to reality, grinning to himself. Future aside, they have to get through finals first.

...

Sometimes, just sometimes, Third wonders if he makes the right decision leaving home and pursuing knowledge in Bangkok. To study film! An industry that knows no rest and holidays and day-offs! But god, he loves making films.

Hence, even if he had had only 2-3 hours of sleep for four consecutive days, Third still decided to come. "The Song of Butterfly", the project under Shane that he and Khai were involved in, got nominated in the short film competition. For the first time, it'd be played on a huge screen prior to the winner announcement.

These days, he hardly goes home. Since they picked Phuket for the final project, that's where they'll be staying for a while. Yet because of P'Shane's movie, he had to fly back and forth from Phuket to Bangkok on tight schedule.

It's bound to be exhausting as heck, but Third wants to come. Doesn't matter if it ends up winning an award or not, but if it does, Third would regret not being present. So in order to leave Phuket peacefully, he made Two and Bone take care of everything while they're gone. Yet Two ended up here as well.

"What the fuck, Two??"

"Well, P'Un is involved too." He defended himself. "How can I not come to support?"

"And?"

"And what?"

Third slammed the door shut as Two stepped into his dorm. "How can you leave Bone alone there?"

Two snorted. "I asked, but he won't come. He found a wifey there already."

"P'Third...!" Fourth knocked on his door fervently. Third clicked his tongue but opened it again. "Hi, P'Third! Hi, P'Two!"