Chapter 1

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I groggily opened my eyes and hit the snooze button on my alarm, the earsplittingly annoying tone abruptly ending.  I yawned and stretched my arms out wide. "Shit" I thought, sighing and relaxing back in bed.

First day of school. Actually, first day at a new school.  I moved to Los Angles just a few months ago and was still getting used to evrything. The heat was exhausting.  I couldn't believe people could live in 100 degree weather and not melt.  It should be illegal to have kids go to school when the temperature is over 80.  Well, maybe I'm exaggerating but I'm still getting used to California.

I rolled over onto my side and looked at my clock. It read 6:07 AM.  I pulled my phone from my desk and checked the date. August 24th. Yup, first day confirmed. God fucking damnit. My summer was incredibly boring but I still preferred doing nothing over going to school.

I slowly slid out of bed and hobbled over to the bathroom to get myself ready. I brushed my teeth, did my hair and walked on outside, taking my backpack with me.  School was about 15 minutes and the walk was pretty unremarkable, aside from a few stores and restaurants, there really wasn't much.

The school gates were open as students poured into the overcrowded and underfunded High School.  I had English 1st Period so this should be a wonderful opportunity to catch up on some sleep.  I walked into the classroom and stood around the desks until the alarm went off and the teacher began to announce the seating chart.

He had me sit down towards the back, about three desks away from the left corner next to a kid named Issa.  "Hiiiiiiii!" he said enthusiastically.  You smiled nervously and mumbled out a "Hi" back.

"Your new here right?" he asked.  "Yeah, its my first year here.  Kinda shitty to change schools senior year but it is what it is."  you said, shrugging and sighing.  "Aww yeah I feel you, I'm Issa by the way, what's your name?"  He asked, outreaching a hand and giving a massive beaming smile.

"(y/n).  Nice to meet you Issa."  I replied, smiling and shaking his hand. "You got a popular kid aura about you.  I bet your big here."  You added, looking away towards the front of the classroom.  "You could say that.  You looking for an in to the fabulous world of high school celebrities?"  He asked.

"Not really if I can avoid it."

"So your more lowkey and mysterious with you looking all up at the front of the class and shit.  I'm sensing those vibes right now."  he said, in a half mocking, half kidding tone.

"Eh, I don't really want to be bothered to maintain fake friendships for social status again."  you said, looking back at Issa.  

"Well, I'm not really popular myself If your really want to know." he confessed, switching his tone to serious.  "I just know a lot of people, me and my friends aren't like, super popular but we know people and aren't like outcasts or anything.  You should hang out with us at lunch, we sit at table 5, I'll wave for you." he offered.

You smiled.  "Thank you, your really nice for that."  you said thankfully.  "Girl don't worry, I like your vibe."  Issa replied.

The rest of English class went well and I am so glad I made a friend my first day AND in my first class.

When lunch came around I looked for table 5 and saw Issa waveing for me.  I smiled and sat down across from another boy with black curly hair that fell in front of his face.  He had a subtle lip gloss on, as well as mascara and eyeliner.

"Hi, your name is (y/n) right.  Issa told me about you!"  he said, fluttering his hand as a hello  "Yeah." you replied.  "Well I'm Larray and welcome to our little friend group!"

Hi guys, this story is probably gonna consist of shorter chapters than normal as I'm still getting back into writing again.  I'm sure yall wouldn't mind more consistent updates though lol!(Also I know his name is Larry but I'm sticking with Larray)