Chapter 10 So glad you were around When they said, "Speak now"

The gloomy landscape of Ryeo was dyed with silk bows and fine lace, all of which ended up making him sick just by looking at it.

Joshua walked among the lilies, that neglected greenhouse had become his refuge after so much pain. He remembered every moment since he arrived at Ryeo High School, every time he touched a flower, a word whispered by the blond-haired alpha returned to torment his overwhelmed mind.

The sky seemed to contrast with his mood and for the first time since his arrival the Sun was imposed in the sky where the clouds scattered by it decorated that canvas. He took a seat in the fountain appreciating the fish that swam inside it, many of which had no idea that they were swimming in circles like him who seemed trapped in those events.

He thought that was pathetic and staggering he got up heading towards the artificial waterfall, watching how the roses that surrounded them, ignoring the cold winter, lay inert.

The jingling of the rattles, the dripping of the water, more than peace, reminded him every second of Jeong Han by his side.

"I know who you are and don't worry, I won't betray my mate."

"In this game I am the bishop, my job is to protect the royal family, I promised the king to protect the queen for him."

"Joshua, I'm here for you."

"Joshua, now you are the one who is acting like a child."

"Joshuji... Don't leave me... it's the first time I feel something so strong for someone."

"I'll help you with everything you need, I'll do my best, Shua. This time I'll do things right."

"You look beautiful."

"Love your strengths as weaknesses."

"You can touch as much as you want without fear, my body belongs to you."

"You have no idea how much I love you."

"It's not what it seems, Shua..."

"Were you going to kill me here? Answer Yoon Jeonghan."

"I promised Mayor Choi, but I would never do anything to you that could hurt you, I need his trust... Joshua... please..."

The crying that he had repressed during the last month, where he occasionally met the alpha, prevailed over the calm, he felt that with the heartbreaking pain his incessant crying took everything from him, he wanted to be strong, but he did not know if could be a little more. Living hurt and he confirmed that when he came out of that fishbowl in which he was always locked up.

He took refuge in himself, taking a rose, under the pretext of a selfish whim, kneeling with the thorns, caring little that a crimson liquid will sprout from his hands just like the blush that stained his cheekbones.

He squeezed the stem between his hands, ignoring the pain.

He never thought that loving hurt so much, the daylights shone so brightly, wanting the older to look for him and call his name, to tell him that it had all been a lie, he just wanted. It hurt too much , like everything in that place .

"Brat." Wonho called as he took a seat next to him.

"Why does it still hurt?" The omega innocently questioned receiving a sad smile from the alpha next to him.