3: (roommates)

Wednesday stood outside her dorm alongside her family and her twin's new roommate. They had just visited Hades' and were introduced to his roommate, Mark Sinclair.

Now, the Sinclair was definitely the complete and total opposite of her twin and the signs pasted all over the bright and vibrant side were just one of the main reminders of how and why.

Wednesday hoped that her roommate was nothing like that, but alas, when Weems opened the wooden door, her eyes were simply blinded with the hot pinks, shimmering yellows and shocking lime greens that decorated her roommate's side of the room.

Her roommate was exactly what she wished would be the opposite of.

Colourful.

As she observed the room further, her gaze turning more horrified with each passing second, the door suddenly crashed open, the boy that her brother was supposed to share a room with ran towards a similar looking female that she didn't see when she came in.

Just fantastic.

Instead of one, there was instead two of them.

Wednesday slowly rotated her head so her gaze was now focused on her father, who, may I add had a rather similar facial expression to his beloved, as if they had both had lemons shoved down their throats. 

...

"Nevermore was founded in 1791 to educate people like us," Enid informed the twins cheerfully as they walked down the stairs of their new school.

Earlier, Enid had kindly helped them in locating their schedules and their...rather unique looking uniforms.

Instead of the dazzling violet and shiny dark stripes, their's were a dark monochrome black and smokey grey.

"Outcasts, freaks, monsters, fill in your favourite marginalised group here." Enid's high pitched voice snapping Hades' out of his thoughts.

"You can save the sanitised sales pitch, my twin and I don't plan on staying here for long," Wednesday said.

"Why not?" Enid asked, mildly confused.

"It wasn't our idea to be here but rather escape," Wednesday said, making the colourful girl stare at her hesitantly.

"Oh look." Wednesday said, staring at a picture on the wall, "there's our mother smirking at us." "They've been planning to send us off here for years. The suspension was the exact thing that they needed to start their little plan." Hades helpfully clarified for Enid. "Yes, it's all part of their nefarious, yet completely obvious plan," Wednesday agreed, nodding her head slightly.

"What plan?" Enid asked with a grin, looking at Hades expectantly, the way she cocked her head reminding him of a puppy. "To turn us into a version of themselves," Wednesday said, her tone making her sound as if she was the most bored she'd ever been in her life.

"Well in that case, perhaps you might want to clear something up." Enid said, quickly changing the topic, feeling awkward as she led them to wherever they were heading. "Rumour's been swirling around that you killed a kid at your old school and your parents pulled some strings to get you off." 

"Actually it was two kids." Wednesday deadpanned, making Enid slow down her pace, taking another look at the broody looking girl. 

"But who's counting?" Hades added on as the siblings now strode ahead of Enid, leaving the sunny girl behind in her fear.

"Calm down Enid..." the blonde muttered, "they're just joking...right?" 

And so, Enid rushed to join the two twins again, quickly catching up as they pushed through a set of doors which revealed a small outside area filled with students.

"Welcome to the quad."

"...Its a pentagon." The glum twins said in unison, making the usually upbeat girl sigh with displeasure and roll her eyes.

"The whole snarky goth thing that you two have on, might've worked back at normie school but not here 'kay? Here things are different." Enid sighed again, this one smaller than the previous then continued her train of thought. "Just...let me give you a wiki on Nevermore's social scene."

"I am not interested in participating in tribal adolescent clichés." Wednesday said, her words to everyone but her brother seemingly sounding dreary as usual but to the trained ears of her twin, more like a angered version of her customary speech.

"Well maybe he is," Enid informed Wednesday, sounding fed up of the desolate teen when just a few minutes ago she was simply ecstatic to meet her new roommate, turning to the more tolerable twin with an expectant look on her face.

She was slapped.

Not literally but with a vacant expression and awkward silence that you could cut through the knife, showing just how little regard the double had for the conversation.

"...Okay, well maybe just use it to fill your obviously bottomless pit of disdain." Enid turned back to Wednesday who was busy scanning the area, scouring for anything that she could use to entertain herself at her short time here.

"There are many different flavours of outcasts here, but the four main cliques are fangs, furs, stoners and scales," she counted on her fingers before they came to a stop not so far away from a table flooded with teens wearing sunglasses and some sipping on a oddly dark liquid.

"These are the fangs, aka vampires. Some have literally been here for decades which is a fair warning to if you're willing to date one, it's- no joke- pedophilia." Enid squirmed for a bit before they moved on.

"That bunch of knuckleheads are furs, aka werewolves- not including me and my brother of course- we're way smarter than them." 

"...Right." 

"Anyhow," Enid said, choosing to ignore the more aggressive of the twins. "Full moons get pretty loud around here, which is when wolves wolf out, so I'd suggest bringing or buying some noise-cancelling headphones."

────────

hi everyone, (who's probably gonna ignore this) thank you so much for reaching nearly 100 reads! I really appreciate you & if you guys are wondering why I haven't posted a lot recently, its because I've been going through some family problems and have been on hiatus for most of my books.

<3

please vote and comment!