Not wanting her.

'Joshua'

My head throbs, a pounding pain that's become all too common. Zara's voice echoes through the haze; a sharp jolt as if waking from a deep sleep. I can't remember if she's been here the whole time.

"How did you get in?" I groan, struggling to open my eyes against the ache.

"I climbed in through the window. You know that" she whispers, her touch cool against my skin. I lean in, planting a kiss on her lips, trying to push away the discomfort. "You didn't answer my question," she asks.

I pull back slightly, resting my forehead on hers. "Yes, I'll get you pregnant," I grin at the old familiar banter. She smiles but shakes her head, her eyes shining with amusement.

"Not that question, silly," she chides, giggling

"What question?" I ask, my gaze locked onto her stunning emerald eyes as I lean in closer.

"What did you tell the police?" she whispers, her voice a barely audible breath.

My eyes closed involuntarily at the sound of her voice as I wrap my arms around her, effortlessly lifting her off the ground and feeling her wrap her legs around my waist. With an almost animalistic urgency, I pull her close, our bodies falling back onto the soft bed beneath us.

She straddles me, her movements fluid and effortless as she reaches for a needle from the nightstand beside us, her eyes never leaving my own

"You have a job interview in just a few hours," Zara said while carefully placing the needle on my arm. I could feel the cool metal pressing against my skin as she slowly began to push it in, the sharp pain piercing through my flesh. My heart raced as I realized that the stakes were high, and my future depended on this interview.

Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted by Zara's abrupt comment, "So I won't give you that much." I knew exactly what she meant, and I felt a wave of fear wash over me. I couldn't afford to lose this opportunity, but at the same time, I was terrified of the consequences.

With my mind racing, I heard a shocking announcement that Stacy was dead. My throat immediately tightened, and I felt tears prick the corners of my eyes. I couldn't believe the words I was hearing; it was like my whole world had just fallen apart.

Despite everything, I couldn't back down now. "No- I don't care- pour all of it," I demanded. I could see the surprise and concern in Zara's eyes as she hesitated for a moment before reluctantly complying.

As the liquid entered my veins, I felt a sensation of detachment wash over me. It was like I was floating above my problems, watching everything happen from afar. I let out a gasp, and my eyes rolled back as I gave in to the euphoric feeling.
Zara was beside me, experiencing the same emotions

Stacy...

God, You are really high aren't you-

The pain of it all was unbearable. How could anyone- anyone even consider taking her away from me? The mere thought of it made my heart constrict with anguish.

As I lay on my side, the tears streamed down my face, hot and salty, like a violent waterfall with no end in sight. I bit my lip, trying to stifle my sobs, but the trembling of my body gave me away. It was my fault. I didn't protect her. All those promises I made, the ones I always said I would keep, were just empty lies.

And now, I was going to jail for this. The weight of my guilt was suffocating. Maybe I deserved it. Maybe it was the only way to make up for my failures. I couldn't escape the truth- I had let her down.

"Josh?" Zara's voice broke through my thoughts. I quickly dried my face, the water droplets splashing on the countertop before I turned to her.

"mm," I groaned, my throat sore.