𝟢𝟫 | 𝗁𝗈𝗇𝖾𝗒 𝗍𝖾𝖺

┌──────═━┈━═──────┐
이 기분을 따라
이상하긴 해도
좀 슬프긴 해도
나 왠지 눈물이 나
너무나 달콤해서
𝖨 𝖿𝖾𝗅𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗐𝖺𝗒
𝖺𝗅𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁 𝗂𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗐𝖾𝗂𝗋𝖽
𝖺𝗅𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁 𝗂𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝖺 𝗅𝗂𝗍𝗍𝗅𝖾 𝗌𝖺𝖽
𝖨 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗁𝗈𝗐 𝖼𝗋𝗂𝖾𝖽
𝖻𝖾𝖼𝖺𝗎𝗌𝖾 𝗂𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗌𝗈 𝗌𝗐𝖾𝖾𝗍
𝘏𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘺 𝘛𝘦𝘢 𝘣𝘺 𝘖𝘖𝘏𝘠𝘖
우휴
└──────═━┈━═──────┘

Grace fell into a steady routine of studies, hanging out with her new friends, and occasionally calling her old ones.

It was nice, doing more things than she usually would. She went on weekend hikes, played computer games, discovered her roots.

What was more interesting was how her new friends would always use food to spend time with her.

Different and unique cafes, barbecue places, traditional food.

It shocked Grace how her friends' excitement for her to try different foods authentically made there also excited her. There was still some discomfort, so she took things slow. But she trusted her friends and always ended up enjoying everything they made her try.

If anything, they were unknowingly igniting a spark in her with how she saw things she initially feared.

Lunch was spent with Kitty, who was very much aware of everything. Kitty would babble on, pretending as if she wasn't keeping an eye on Grace and making sure she was eating her lunch.

When she played games or studied with Minho, there would always be food involved-- in the PC bang, cafes, restaurants. Minho also had this habit of getting the girl to eat more, slowly increasing portions to match his, as long as Grace could take it. Grace could only assume that he also picked up on something.

On weekends, she'd be with Q after their hikes. Since she exercised, she had to promise her family that she would eat more to replenish all the energy she lost. After that, it was off to the dorms for a much-deserved nap.

Grace didn't think she'd love the huge change. She didn't think she'd enjoy boarding school in a whole different country.

Yet here she was, having the best time of her life.

And she couldn't be more thankful.

━━━━━━━ •♬• ━━━━━━━

It was another Friday. However, it wasn't an ordinary Friday because it was going to be a long weekend.

Chuseok was a weekend-long holiday where most of the locals would be going home.

However, Grace was going to stay on campus because she couldn't fly all the way back just for the weekend.

She celebrated Chuseok back in America with her dad. Robert actually preferred celebrating that over the American Thanksgiving because of the spiritual roots of the holiday. That and it helped Grace connect more with her roots because of it. Having that felt like celebrating two thanksgivings, only one of them didn't involve genocide.

"Chuseok is the Korean celebration of the good harvest," Principal Lim introduced as she stood in front of the class.

She was going around campus, greeting all the students for the holidays. Grace just happened to be in Professor Lee's class when the principal visited.