Truth

"Ruby I... need to tell you something." Steve sat down on the bed and took a deep breath.

Steve is one of James' buddies and he just came over to return some stuff that my lovely boyfriend keeps forgetting everywhere.

"Yeah?" I asked sitting down on the small chair that was placed across the bed.

"Please know that I am not saying this to harm anyone or anything here... I just feel like you should know." he muttered.

"Yeah?" I repeated getting slightly impatient.

"It's about Jim. He is... having sexual relations with this one chick from the club an-"

"So you mean to say he's cheating on me?" I asked, almost choking on my own words.

He swallowed a big lump and nodded.

My whole body started trembling and I saw my world crash in front of my own eyes. I even felt my heart break into a million pieces.

"I am so sorry..." Steve said in a whisper.

"Since when?" I tried hard to get out any word at all. Getting out two words was a success.

"Like... since somewhere last month I think..." his face was pale to match mine.

Is it possible for a already broken heart to break again? Because it did.

"If it's any help though apparently they never sleep with each other. It's a one way deal where she like... pleases him..."

I felt a sudden wave of nausea making its way up my throat. This can not be real. This can not be happening right now.

"Thank you for telling me Steve but I gotta be alone now for a while before he comes home." I sucked it up for a second.

He just nodded understandingly, "Of course. If there's anything you need then you know where to find me."

I thanked him and walked him to the door. As soon as he left I broke down. First I started crying uncontrollably and then I rushed to the bathroom and puked my heart out.

I genuinely did not know what to do with that information. I knew James isn't perfect. He's got a drug problem and he loves partying more than anything in this world. Still, I never expected him to go behind my back. Ever.