chapter 1

pov madelyn
I sat alone in my apartment, wondering how I was going to get back to the outer banks set. Of course, I wanted to go back there, I wanted to see my friends again, but seeing my ex and playing lovers with him was definitely not fun. But I had to keep it professional. It's my job, after all. Chase and I both agreed to be friends after everything we've been through together. But I was still afraid. My boyfriend is already jealous, let alone if I have to kiss Chase and record love scenes with him. I hope Liam (my boyfriend) understands that this is my job. I was wrong.

"Can't you just quit the outer banks, do something else, with someone else?" Liam almost screamed. He was trying to be calm.

"No, Liam, I signed a contract, I can't just quit my job, and even if I could, I wouldn't. I love these people.
Chase and  I agreed to be professionals and friends. I will work there with or without him, I don't care anymore. Please try to understand me and trust me, " I said calmly, looking right in his eyes, wondering if he could understand me.

"Of course, I trust you. I am just a little bit jealous, but fine, I understand, Maddie. I am so sorry." he said as I walked to him and kissed him." Thank you, " I whispered as we pulled back.

I loved him for the fact that he always tried to understand me. Even in the worst situations, he could understand what I felt. I'm glad he understood that. It's my job, after all

It's been a few days, and today was Monday. I had to go for a set. I was happy to finally see them all together. I got dressed, had breakfast, and left. I was nervous about it being awkward, mostly between me and Chase.
Wow, this day is going to be interesting.

When I arrived, the first person I saw was Madison, I immediately ran up to her and hugged her. I missed her.
"I missed you, girl," I said as we hugged.
When we pulled apart, I saw JD, Rudy, and Calracia, we hugged and went to sit somewhere. We sitted down at the table, and we were joking around when I noticed there was no Chase. "Where is he?" I thought to myself as he walked to the room. Cool.

"Hi everyone," he said and walked to Rudy and was messing with his hair.

We all laughed, and it wasn't really awkward, while we were all together in the group.

A few minutes passed when the director came in and said that tomorrow we could start recording. Tomorrow at 6. He also said that this season, John and Sarah will have a difficult time and that he wants JJ and Kie to be together. Everyone will be so happy about it, but  Rudy's girlfriend is very jealous. It's kinda weird.

After the meeting, I drove to the apartment, and Liam was already waiting for me. We opened wine and watched some comedy. I loved evenings like these. Fortunately, today, wasn't that bad. I wonder what will happen tomorrow. Recordings begin tomorrow

This chapter is so short, I am sorry.
I wrote this a long time ago so the names of Madelyn and Chase's partners may not agree.
I hope you like it🫂