Chapter 30: Plans dont always go to Plan

Summer's POV:
I arrived at the Jaspar household and decided that I should do my hair a bit. I pulled a brush through it and put some Argan Oil on it to smoothen it down. I regretted not changing too but I was here now and it didn't matter. I got out of my car and saw Joe's in the driveway, he's in, I thought happily. I walked up to the door and knocked three times. It took a while for someone to answer and when they did, I felt instantly awkward.
"Summer?!" Caspar, holding Joe's iPad in his hand, was leaning against the door. I peered past him discreetly to see if Joe was coming but there was no luck. "Joe's gone to yours to find you," Caspar shrugged as if it was no big deal but this was meant to be special, it was supposed to be the start of something between us.
"No! He can't have!" I shook my head, I didn't know what to do now. I could call him, but it would ruin the surprise... If there even is one anymore.
"Well he did, come in and wait, Lisa would've told him to come back, he'll be about 10 minutes I suspect," Caspar causally walked back in and I followed cautiously, closing the door behind me. I was unsure of what I was meant to do.
"So, what was your plan of action?" Caspar asked as I sat down on the sofa. He put Joe's space grey iPad down on the marble table. It made me jump when I heard a slight bang which could've signalled a crack but luckily, it seemed okay.
"Well, I was going to hang out with him and tell him how I feel but-"
"And how do you feel?" Caspar's eyes instantly caught mine and he was just staring at me. My answer; I didn't have an answer.
"I don't really know..." I stuttered but Caspar didn't stop staring at me. His eyes burning me like lasers. "I like Joe, a lot. I just don't know how to go about it without hurting anyone's feelings, like yours for example," Caspar instantly looked down at the ground.
"You wouldn't, I told Joe to go and find you, that's why he went to your flat," Caspar picked up the iPad again and started playing Fruit Ninja. His finger was swiping frantically across the screen.
"You did?" I looked at him, he was clearly unsure about telling him in the first place but I was glad to know Caspar had moved on from the whole situation.
"Yeah, Jummer- it's pretty much all people can talk about," Caspar was still playing his game and didn't look up from the screen.
"Which people?" I was now intrigued into what Caspar was talking about.
"People on the Internet, they were all complaining that Joe and Tiffany were on a date when you two are being shipped literally every where," He still refused to look at me as he mumbled, still swiping the screen viciously.
"Oh..." I shuffled nervously as the tension in the room got thicker and thicker. You could probably only cut it with an axe it was that tense. About five minutes later- or what felt like half an hour- the door burst open and Joe came running in. Sweat was driving down his face, headphones strung out of his hoodie and his hair was a complete mess.
"Joe!"
"Summer!"
We both said in unison and looked at each other. All that could be heard was the slicing of fruit from Caspar playing his game. Joe began to take off his hoodie and looked in the mirror to sort out his hair. A few minutes later when he had properly caught his breath, he spoke up.
"I'm sorry I f*cked all this up," he shook his head and looked nervous.
"It's not your fault, neither of us actually knew," I went and stood in front of him.
"I'm going to my room," Caspar (refusing to look at either of us) got up and went downstairs like he said. My eyes followed him until he was out of sight and when I turned back to Joe, he grabbed both of my hands and gripped them tightly in his.
"Summer, there was a reason I wanted to see you today," Joe leant his forehead against mine and looked in my eyes. "I think we have something really special here, something I've never felt before," I couldn't help but feel the exact same way but I struggled to get any words out of my mouth.
"I know, I mean- I do too...think we have something special," I thought that I was making things awkward but Joe just continued to look into my eyes as if searching for something, something that was hidden deep inside.
"Summer-" my phone began to ring, I wanted to ignore it but Joe moved his head backwards and let go of my hands. I breathed a sigh of sadness and pulled the phone out of my pocket. Joe turned his back to me and scratched the back of his neck, elbow held high in the air.
"I'm so sorry," I mouthed as I answered the phone and he had decided to turn back to face me, he just turned back the other way and ignored me.
"Hello?" I listened to the muffled and panicked voice on the other end of the phone, practically screaming at me. "Ruby? What's wrong? Calm down!" My sister. She was saying something about the baby. "Okay, we're coming," I ended the call and Joe turned back around, slightly startled.
"What is it?" He must've seen the flushed look on my face because I was unable to say anything.
"Ruby, she thinks she's lost the baby."
______________________
07/06/15
OMG!
1K!
Like 1,000 blimmen reads!? How is that even possible?
Thanks to everyone including:
SkyeSummers24
CatTheNerd
Verifiedfanggggirl
And all those (who can't be tagged for some odd reason) who have just read or even voted for my book!