1

When he died, he already knew he wasn't going to heaven, but was fully aware that he was going to hell.

A dim light had enveloped Rui, quickly fading into tall buildings that reminded him of the trees in the forest. They we're taller though, and seemed to go on for 50 feet at least.

Blinking, he released that the sun was touching him, and he wasn't burning.
Quickly, Rui backed away, touching the cold bricks of one of the Buildings.

He looked down to his hand, flexing his fingers quickly in front of him, summoning his strings. They summoned, giving the boy a small smile seeing as he wasn't defenseless.

Slowly Rui looked around, seeing that he no longer had his kimono on, instead he adored a pair of white shoes, a pair of white socks, a red sweat-shirt that had a web designs all over it, and a bag that slipped over his shoulder.

Rui stood up, having understood that that this wasn't a dream, deciding to look around. That's when he spots the people on the side-walk. Specifically a boy that seemed to have a crow head, talking to a shadowy bird thing, that responded quickly with a enthusiastic grin, but yet again, not burning.

That threw him of gard a bit. Jumping up, Rui used his stings to lift him up  onto the roof. Being up off the ground seemed to calm him down ever so slightly. Now that he could see everything, he saw that so many people looked like demons but walked in the sun, acting like nothing in the world was wrong.

He stayed like that, watching people go by basking in the Suns light, as though he was a god in the Suns rays.

Hearing something coming towards him, Rui spun around, seeing a man walking up to him, seeming confused.

"Hey, what are you doing on a roof kid?"

Well for not writing in a year, I think I did ok? Idk it's like 2 am rn. I'm just happy I was able to write, seeming as I just read most of the time.Anyways gets some water and food my munchkins!

364 words