Chapter 11

Gia's POV

After I left Courtney's house I got in my car and drove for a while to cool down.

I should be worrying about how Enzo Costa's soldiers ambushed us in that jewelry shop earlier. But all I can think about is the way her lips felt on mine.

When she kissed me my body shuddered with pleasure. Her lips were warm and soft against mine. Just like when she kissed me all those years ago.

I would happily kiss her forever if I didn't have all this other shit going on. If I wasn't already responsible for a bunch of other people lives.

The last thing I want is to hurt her but me pushing her away is better than a family enemy finding her.

It's been two day since our kiss and I've managed to avoid her. I look over at her door every time I leave my house hoping to catch a glimpse of her. Like I'm obsessed with her or something. It sucks not seeing her but clearly distance is what we need.

I've never been pulled to a person like I am being pulled into her. It's exhilarating and terrifying.

It's 8 PM on Wednesday and I just pulled up to the docks. I'm meeting Joey and Vince for the shipment coming in. The sun just set and the streetlights just came on as I got out of my car.

My long sleeve black sweater and keens were doing nothing to keep me warm so I leaned back into the car and threw on my black leather jacket. I put a cigarette in my mouth and lit it up then started walking over to where the boat was pulling in.

"Evening boss." Joey said nodding at me.

"Hey Joey." I said stopping next to him and taking a drag from my cigarette.

"Once they get the boat tied off the men will pull the SUVs around and unload the supplies." Joey said only loud enough for me to hear.

"Where is Vince?" I asked.

"He is usually late." Joey shrugged. "He's probably just pulling some cash out of the bags for himself." He chuckled.

"I'm curious. How much do we send to India every two weeks?" I said finishing my cigarette.

"Depends on how the jobs go, but on average about 2 mil." He shrugged.

"Fuck, that's a lot of dough." I said putting my hands in my pockets.

"Yep. And that's after you pay for the shipment." He nodded.

Clearly I need to start spending more money.

"Ciao Gia! Sorry I'm late." Vince said walking up with 2 huge duffel bags.

"That's fine Vince. Is this all of it?" I asked as he dropped the bags in front of me.

I watched his eyebrows go up and he looked nervous.

"Uh... yeah boss... th...that's all of it." He said nervously.

I lifted an eyebrow at him. Making him nervous about stealing from me is hilarious. I can't really be upset though because I know my men did some shady shit to get that money in the first place.

"Thanks Vince. You're good to go." I chuckled.

He nodded his head and scurried away from us. I started chuckling.

"You almost gave him a heart attack." Joey said to my right.

"I know. Did you see his face?" I said laughing.

"Yeah. Maybe he will take a little less off the top next shipment." Joey chuckled.

"Maybe." I said as my men pulled up in SUV's.