chapter eight

Matt couldn't say anything. He just looked at the girl in front of him. He was speechless. She's pregnant. How? When? Where? Who is the father? All these questions were inside the boy's mind. "Wh- How-Wha-Who?" he tried to ask some of them but he was too stunned to speak.

"I know.. I know. I'm sorry. Look, I promise I'll tell you everything, okay? Not right now though. Right now you have to go to your grandparents and I have to go finish my speech over there" the girl points towards the boy's house. "Alright, yeah. Just.. Please tell me everything when I come back.." Matt pleads the girl in front of him, he couldn't understand if he was feeling hurt or joy. He knew he loved that girl and the thought of her becoming a mother brought happiness to his heart, but the thought of her with another man made him furious. He didn't know why. He's never felt like this before.

The pair separated and once the girl got back home, she saw an anxious Chris, eating his nails and pacing back and forth, probably waiting for her, she thought. "Hey.." she greeted quietly. The boy jumped at the noise and immediately hugged his best friend as tightly as he can, afraid she'll run again. "I'm not leaving" the girl whispered as she hugged back her best friend.

They went back inside and everyone was relieved that she was back and she was safe. They couldn't see Matt anywhere though. "Where's Matt?" Jim asks confused. "He went to your grandparents' house. I told him I was pregnant, I finally did it, but I haven't told him everything yet. I promised him I would once he came back" she said as smiled at Mary Lou, who was staring at the girl with tears in her eyes.

"...I.. I'm gonna be a grandma?" she asks as she stands up from the couch and hugs Sarah, which was crying too by now. "Oh my god. I'm gonna be an uncle" all three brothers said at the same time as everyone soon realised what was happening.

Sarah was never this happy in her life. Everyone knows she's pregnant and they've accepted her about it. Everyone, except from Matt, knows about the father and they're even more happy than before. She hoped her parents would be as kind as these people, as her other family. She wishes they understand and she really wants them to be there with her.

Mary Lou noticed that Sarah was oddly quiet after a few hours of celebrating and she thought it was time to take things in her own hands.