Mother Knows Best

Sorry for any grammatical errors

Evelina

I fell asleep.

I wake up to not a single trace of a moving vehicle parked beside my own. My body drenches in sweat. I get up from my seat and stretch my limbs out. The satisfying clicks of my body piecing itself back together. My back twists as an exercise and I gape at the body imprint of my sweat glands that stain the couch. I want to blame it on the humidity but have no case to back it up. The Denmark winter air nips at my legs. This season always hides in the company of the sun and awaits it to settle to its bed, then it awakens itself and blasts icy glaciers onto the innocent living. I peer into the cabin window and where I'm standing, the lights are still on. I start to doubt my mind, maybe the simple idea of there being an extra presence on this island is just too much to delve into.

Maybe they've gone on holiday themselves and forgot to turn their lights off or maybe that light switch never works so it's stuck like that forever or maybe... I've gone mad made. My delusions are slowly starting to speak for my realities. One speculation is enough but this has gone too far. A couple of days on this island have taken a toll on me. I have the quick thought of breaking in to look for them but an anti-social person asking for company, that's new.

I'm not sure what to do with myself now. Daylight has swapped classes with dusk so there isn't more exploring to do now.

I don't want back to that repellent place he, the lizard calls a home just yet. Standing around hands on my hips, trying to think of a focus when I hear my phone vibrate. The notification of my mother's name appears but no ringtone sound comes along and I figure out why my rest elongated. The supposed phone I initially had on ringer was actually on silent the entire time. I rush to answer before it cuts off, I may never get the chance to speak with her again, With her calling this late father must be away on business.

" Hello my dear" her polite voice greets

" Hope you haven't forgotten about your poor old mother over here " she chuckles. I can hear the sorrow in those words

I don't return any greetings. Something must've happened because this is at least the 25th missed call she's left since I arrived here.

" A young man called me today," she says

" He spoke very fondly of you, and suspected you were in some sort of danger so he took you under his arms. I take it your father found your whereabouts the time we last spoke. He sent one of his men after you I'm guessing which is why this young man decided to come to the rescue " She says

My father did send someone for me, yet the memory of whom is so very vague. Not even in a lineup could I dispute the face of this strange figurine

" Though not all heroes wore capes. He said he gave you an ultimatum or rather a proposal. Spend 30 days with him under his oath in whatever way he pleases and he'll free you of your father. At first, I laughed at his words humorously and assured him he was deeply mistaken because besides me and you who else would know about the troubled pasts of you and your father? Well, he proved me wrong. "

This motherfucker. My plans clench into a fist and my heart intensifies in blood pressure. The actual confidence and persistence of this man. A phone call to a woman out of reach with society is a different level of commitment. I control my breathing, not trying to let any bickering words elapse from my voice box.

" He wouldn't go into much detail as to what the offer beholds but Evelina if this information is true and a proposal has been brought to you and its other half is the discharge of entanglement to your father you better take this deal. If this man is who he says he is you've been handed this opportunity, my child "