[20] Must Be Fate

The next morning I woke up with my feet feeling swollen. I did so much standing yesterday in heels so it made sense. I sit up in my bed and rub my eyes together to force myself awake.

After leaving the club, the night was pretty much a blur after that. The last thing I remember was having Ryan sleep on my lap while he was black out drunk.

I push the memories of last night to the back of my mind and begin to wash up. It's 8:30am, so I figure it was time to start my day.

Hm, a nice shower sounds nice right about now.

I close my bedroom door and make sure to lock it this time. I want to shower alone this time.

Anyways, I begin to strip out of my pajamas and make my way to the bathroom, where I close the door as well.

Ugh, no towel! Of course.

I mentally roll my eyes and open my bedroom door and begin calling out for Lorenzo.

"Hey, I need a towel! Can someone fetch me one please?"

After hearing nothing, I felt like giving up but I called out a few more times.

"Looking for this?" I hear someone say.

My eyes dart in front of me and I see Ryan holding up a towel for me. I was still hiding my body behind the door, so all Ryan could see is my head.

"Yes. Thank you so much." I reach my hand out for the towel.

Ryan comes closer to me and hands it to me.

"Hey, I just want to thank you for last night."

"For what?" I raise a brow at him.

I begin wrapping the towel around my body and extend the door more open so Ryan could fully see me and not just my face.

"For taking me home while I was drunk."

"Yeah, you really gotta take it easy on the alcohol. I won't be there every time to save you."

Ryan chuckles in response, swaying his body back and forth on heels.

"I know. Which is why I'm grateful that you were there for me last night." He looks back at up me. His piercing blue eyes cutting into mine.

My heart skips a beat, and I felt a blush creep up on my neck and cheeks.

"It was no problem. I'll see you in a bit." I give him a small smile and close the bedroom door behind me and lock it.

I press my back up against the door, replaying the conversation me an Ryan just shared. I brush it off and continue walking toward the bathroom and take my shower.

After I was done washing up and brushing my hair, I get changed into the clothes I'll be wearing for today and head down the stairs.

It's already almost 10am, so everyone has pretty much already eaten.

I walk down the steps and see everyone gathered around the house. I raise at brow at the sight of this and don't think to much of it.

I walk into the kitchen and that's when I see people whom I've never met before. Greg is also standing in the room with them, and all of their eyes turn to me when they notice me walking in.

I give them all a awkward smile before standing beside Greg.

"Who are all these people?" I whisper to him.

"Missy's parents. They knew that you and their daughter were good friends. They wanted to get a chance to finally meet you." Greg whispers back to me.

I feel a lump form inside my throat, and try to force a smile on my face. I extend my hand out for them to shake. I started off with the mother. She took my hand and leaned to go kiss each of my cheek.