[33] Life for a Life

TW: mention of guns, violence, gore and potentially other graphic uses. Enjoy!

Leni's Pov:

The thought of Lorenzo being up to something has definitely crossed my mind when he decided for me to not kill him dead. I don't understand what held me back fork not doing so, but I'm sure it'll all be figured or in the end.

Everyone else goes to their respective homes. We did manage to kill a few of their guys, but none of us were hardly injured. Nicholas got grazed by the ear, but he'll be okay.

I sit in the backseat with Lorenzo and Nicholas as Isaiah sits up front with Greg. I look out the window and watch as the world passes by me. I rest my elbow on the car and rest my chin on my hand.

"Everything will be okay." Lorenzo assures me. He places a hand on my thigh, and I turn my head in his direction.

I rest both hands in my lap and feel like all hope is lost.

"Yeah, I really hope so." I sigh.

The rest of the car ride home is silent, all I could do is ponder my thoughts about what just happened.

When we arrive home, I walk inside the house without saying another word. I walk with my head down and head for the dining room. That's where the alcohol is stored in a cabinet.

I reach my arm arm and grab a bottle of tequila, and pour a glass as I sip it down without thinking.

The feeling leaves a burning sensation inside my mouth, but I figured it would take my mind off all the stress I've been going through.

I sit down on the couch with the tequila in my hand and the glass of alcohol in the other. I continue pouring myself drinks until I slowly feel everything around the room become blurry.

Before I could even pour another drink, Lorenzo comes in the room and notices the state I'm in. He quickly rushes over to me and instantly grabs the bottle of tequila and the glass out of my hands. I begin whining and protesting, but he ignores me and sets them down in the table out of reach.

"Why did you do that?" I hiccup.

"Because your clearly drunk. How many glasses have you had?" Lorenzo places his hands on his hips, glaring at me.

I begin counting my fingers on how many glasses I may have had, unsure how much I've consumed. I look back up at him and show him the number six.

"Jesus Christ, Leni. You're only 19 years old you could drink yourself to death."

I swat my hand at him and attempt to stand up from my seat. I begin stumbling over my own two feet and Lorenzo quickly grabs my arm to keep my balance.

"Let's get you to bed." He sighs and carry's me up to my bedroom.

My arms hang over by my side as I lean my head back. I felt so nauseous, but I know I have to be sober in the morning.

Lorenzo walks up the stairs and into my bedroom before gently setting me down on the bed. He leans over and plants a kiss on my forehead. My eyes are still closed, and I don't react to him.