Chapter 4

Steam's pov

     We stepped in to the hall and swiss closed the door to Copia's office. We began walking down the hallway when Swiss spoke. "How are you feeling since arriving this morning?"

     "Umm, good I guess. Copia seems like a kind fatherly man. What I have seen of the church is beautiful. Most of the ghouls I have met seem nice. Sodo seems very intimidating tho." I replied.

     Swiss laughed at that. "Yeah he can be when you aren't used to him." As we kept walking he kept talking. "Why are you so nervous around everyone?"

     "I haven't really had the best experiences with people especially men." I stated plainly.

     "What do you mean by that?" He asked.

     "Well my father verbally abused me for one." I answered.

     He looked at me with a concerned  face. "You don't need to worry about any of us hurting you."

     "I'm not so sure about that sodo seemed pretty aggressive earlier." I replied back.

     "Steam." He sighed. "He is a hot head but he will get over himself eventually. If he gives you any trouble come to one of us. If your not comfortable with the ghouls at least got to one of the other ghoulettes." He told me.

     "Okay." I said as we walked in to the ghoul dens.

     I saw a few large couches surrounding a big TV with several gaming systems near it. Five ghouls sat on the couches, the three ghoulettes and two of the males. From what I could tell they were Aether and Mountain. They turned to look at Swiss and I and waved. Sunshine looked at us from the TV screen. She untangled herself from the other ghoulettes and skipped over to us.she took the box from my hands. "I will walk with you guys to steams room." She said happily. "How did your little meeting with copia go?" She asked looking at me.

      "Umm it went well, he obviously gave me my new mask and uniform.  He also gave me some books to read." I told her.

       She smiled at me. "That's good, he is pretty great. Isn't he?"

     "Yeah I can already tell he is a safe person to be around." I replied.

      " what do you mean by that?" She asked.

     I panicked and looked at Swiss for help

     I panicked and looked at Swiss for help. He looked at me and nodded. I let out a whimper and nodded back. Sunshine looked at both of us confused. We stopped at a door with no nameplate on it. Swiss handed me my guitar case and my key to my room, leaving sunshine and I alone. I opened the door and stepped in sunshine following me inside.

     I shut the door behind us. Sunshine set the box down on the desk, just as I set my guitar case by the door. Sunshine turned to look at me, as I began to take a look around my room. There was a queen sized bed against one wall, a couch pushed against another wall, a closet near the bed, a desk an chair sat opposite the bed, a 32 inch TV sat on the coffee table. There was a big window with curtains hanging around it. There was another door, I opened it and saw a bathroom.